Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"A mother's joy begins when new life is stirring inside... when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time."

Yesterday Mark and I finally got to go to the doctor for our first prenatal visit! Mark wasn't too happy about how long we had to wait to see the Doc and went on a little tirade about why even make appointments if we have to wait this long and blah, blah, blah...I just laughed at him and said get used to it!!! Anyway, it did take a while but the doc finally came in, did a delightfully fun physical exam on me (Mark was so excited to be there for that...not!). The doc said that everything looked great and healthy, which is always great to hear, and he said I was almost 13 weeks and gave us a due date of September 18th, which is about when I figured

Then the best part happened...we got to hear the heartbeat! It took the doc awhile to find it cuz it's so tiny but eventually we got to hear it and it was so cool! Makes me feel so much better to have heard that because now this seems so much more real! It's really weird for the first little while cuz it doesn't seem real, I haven't been too sick, haven't gained hardly any weight yet, and there's only been a few changes so this was so great to finally be able to do! Now I have to be patient and wait for TWO whole months to be able to get a sonogram and see if its a boy or girl! *Sigh*.....that seems so far off! But I think I can make it :) There's a lot to do in between so hopefully I can keep busy again til then! Mark's really excited for that one too! He's so funny...he was so excited to hear the heartbeat. It'll be fun to see how he reacts to everything else during the pregnancy and especially when the baby's born! He's so great though, I couldn't ask for a better husband and father to my baby!

5 comments:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

AHHH! Can't wait to see the little bugger!

Mandy said...

Oh, just read Annie's comment, 'bugger' such a naughty word!!!

Thanks Tara for poppin' in today! I agree the guacamole sp? dip is YUMMO! Wish they had one hear!

And, btw, did not know you were expecting! Congrats!!!!!

Mandy said...

Tara, favorite sister? Do the rest know that? :-) I am a little embarrassed with my typo's today... "hear" I meant here. I swear this daylight saving time is killing me...I need more sleep! And yeah, maybe In-n-out will keep moving east???! I can only hope!

Emma said...

I'm just ECSTATIC for you!

carmen said...

u need to blog more please