Monday, March 5, 2012

Sugar and spice and everything nice...or....snipes and snails and puppy dog tails?

That's right...we found out what we're having today! I'm 16 weeks/4days today and had my OB appt today and then was able to schedule an appt with my friend (she just graduated from her Ultrasound Tech program) for an ultrasound! One of her friends needed some pics for her portfolio so I was happy to oblige in giving them a baby/tummy to use. :) So the gal got her pics and showed us the baby's parts and such, got the baby nice and irritated with being pushed around so much...and then showed us this!



Yup! As far as they could tell, it's a BOY! :) They did have one of their higher up techs or something come in at the end to check too but he had moved by then and was hard to get a good look but she said it looked like a boy to her too. So we're 95% sure it's a boy for now. I'll still have my 20 week ultrasound with my dr. when I get to NC so that'll give us a back-up to this but for now we're excited for a boy! Although I wasn't expecting that at all...I didn't feel either way that it was a boy or girl but I was kinda leaning for girl. I guess I'm just a bit nervous cuz we're used to all girl around here with Evelyn :)

 It'll be fun though! We're still praying for a nice calm baby, whatever it ended up being. :) So far so good though...I felt Evelyn SO early, moving around that is, and so far I've just had a very few flutters that makes me do a double check if it's the baby or not, but I'm pretty sure it is :) Other than that and a little prolonging in an upset tummy, the two pregnancies have been pretty similar! (not that I remember very well of Evelyn's but I did keep a good baby diary which I read a few weeks ago and so far, pretty similar!) And luckily I felt super good during our trip to Disney. Half the time I forget I'm prego, which for now is good cuz I've been pretty busy with getting ready for our move and I definitely want to feel good for our long drive this weekend... ugh. no fun there. But we're super excited about moving and super excited about our boy! Mark's already called him that...how's the boy doing? :) Oh goodness...it begins :) I'm excited though, hoping for another red head too! Red headed boys are so adorable. They always get the most gorgeous red hair too! :)

Anyway...I'm rambling and not paying attention to what I'm writing so here's some pics I took tonight for my "gender reveal"! I've been wanting to do this for awhile and was so excited to finally do it! And they turned out super cute too :)

My adorable big girl!
wait for it....
wait for it....
and....
boy! :) 
not that she cared...she wanted the balloons!
whoops :)
I finally got a good smile out her...just had to get her talking about Minnie Mouse :) She LOVES Minnie lately!
And some oober cuteness!
Love her :)
Yay for being a big sister!
am I done yet? 
yes! 
Time to play in the sand! She's been wanting to go to the beach for forever and it's actually been hot enough lately to do it but I've been busy...poor thing :)
oh and here's one more pic from our ultrasound, just cuz it's so cute :)

cute little toes! I love Evelyn's feet...and fingers :) they're so long and pretty :)  can't wait to see what this little guy looks like!!!!

So there you have it! The newest coming addition to the Erwin family! Next time I blog I'll be in NC so see you then! (which btw, we got called last week and got a house so now we don't have to wait over a month like we thought! Just two weeks-ish, I can't waiiiiittttt!!!! :)

3 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

Congratulations on your new future baby. Good luck on your move. Will you be at Camp LeJeune or Fayetteville or ?

Heidi said...

Congratulations Tara! :) Boys are so much fun! And good luck with your move!

Strommer Family said...

Hey Tara,
Ruth (Erwin) Strommer here...first of all, AWESOME photography, and second of all, where in NC are you going to be..Chris and I are both from there, and are going down there next week for spring break..would love to know if it's a possibility to see you guys (and you for a first time!!) :) Please, definetely let me know..my email is USAFWife2459@gmail.com