Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"By far the most common craving of pregnant women is not to be pregnant."

Ugh! I totally had this post already written up....made sure to push the save button multiple times throughout and it got deleted somehow! So frustrating! There goes my productive feeling from earlier :)

 Anyway...let's see if I can remember what I wrote.....it wasn't a whole ton because I haven't had as much going on the past few weeks- they've been a lot slower than what I had going on in my previous post, which is probably a good thing since tomorrow I'll be 39 weeks prego! Can't believe I'm almost done....but I'll finish with that.

First off- Evelyn and I did go up to VA after that last post and visited my cousin Crystal and got to see Mark as well. It was a great weekend and I'm really glad we went. Evelyn played the whole time with Crystal's little girl Sam (3) and little boy Alex (5) and I got to hang out with one of my favorite cousins! Win/win! :) We mostly hung out around Crystal's house but one day we went out to a fun little park, got Chipotle for lunch (YUM) and went to Ikea! I've been wanting to go there since I moved but the closest one is 4 hours away so I just haven't made the trip...probably a good thing cuz I would have spent SO much $$$ there setting up this house! I did get a few things for some projects I've been wanting to do...although unfortunately the main thing I wanted they were all out of except 1...so annoying! I did find something else to substitute for it though and I like how it turned out but it's just not as cute as my original idea.

playing at the park! 

helping make some brownie batter for waffle brownies! brilliant idea btw and so yummy! :)

licking the spoon :) yum!

I wanted some Ikea organizing things to help with my craft area and I came up with this! I like it a lot better than what I had before...everything's visible but organized! :) 

So anyway- we spent Saturday with Mark. We went and saw the Washington D.C. Temple- GORGEOUS btw- but it was raining all day so we didn't stay too long around there. Then we went to Ikea (they said they were gonna get the things I wanted in stock but didn't :( and then spent the rest of the day walking around the Potomac Mills Mall, which was HUGE! We took Evelyn to Build-a-Bear and then walked around and she eventually fell asleep.

"building" her bear...it was funny...she picked it out and was excited and then kinda freaked out about it after they filled it up and sewed it up...she didn't want to hold it! she got over it eventually but it was kinda funny

snuggling with her new bear!

Evelyn and I came back Monday and have been having a fairly chill past couple weeks- we've gone to the beach with some friends, gone to the pool a few times, played at our friends a lot, built a house out of our dryer box, made some homemade Popsicles, watched a lot of the Olympics (which luckily Evelyn has enjoyed watching!), worked on some writing skills (she's been loving these dry erase cards I got her for numbers and alphabets), and pretty much just hanging out just the two of us! Oh, and one night we had a girl's night with Gwyn and Veronika and during it Gwyn helped me finish up Evelyn's room by painting the dandelions on her wall! LOVE how it turned out! Simple but cute!


watching cycling! so exciting....

yum! not too bad for our first attempt :)

and not too bad for writing it on her own! :) smart girl...

our partly finished house...I'm gonna touch it up with some paint to make it cuter  but she's had fun with it so far! 

drawing on her new easel from Ikea! so fun!

dandelion wall! love it!

I have gotten a few projects done in there as well- just not as many as last time. These mostly all focus on the diaper bag genre of things too....so first of all...I finally got my diaper bag done! I had a bit of a time finding a fabric I wanted to use and didn't absolutely LOVE this one but loved it enough but I really love how it turned out!


Then after a few days I was feeling lazy/very unproductive so I found a few projects to go with it...first off a "diaper clutch", which is basically a changing pad that can wrap up and has two pockets for diapers and wipes, pretty cool I though!

closed up....


opened up! my wipes leaked on it though :( 
Then I made some pacifier clips and covered a travel wipe container to match the diaper bag as well....



And last I made a cute, lightweight swaddler type blanket out of some cotton gauzy fabric I found in my stash...I had seen these type of blankets around and one of the blogs I followed had a tutorial, although it was pretty simple....just hem up the edges basically! Then I added a little boat silhouette for cuteness. Love it! :)


Lastly, Mark's CO's wife had a little dinner shower for me last week, which was so sweet and so much fun! I'm really lucky again to have such a fun, amazing group of women. We met for dinner at 6:30 and seriously didn't leave til 10:30. Needless to say I have a chatty group of ladies, who have all pretty much been cooped up/hadn't had much time to get out with other girls...but it was so great! I had so much fun and got a nice little pile of diapers from it...diaper showers are the best! :)

So that's pretty much it! I'm as ready as I can be for little boy to come....everything is set up/washed/put away/packed up for the hospital.....just waiting for Mark to get home Friday and then baby can come anytime! I'm still doing pretty good, a bit uncomfortable but not enough to hate it/dying to be done...I just want to be done and have him here already! It seems like such a LONG time since we found out...I just wanna see him! :) I did have an appt today and they said I am 2cm...which is much better than absolute 0 from last week! He did shift yesterday though and the midwife today said he was lying more on his side rather than face down with his back up like he should but he's been a real shifter this whole time so hopefully he'll be good and shift back to where he should be! I have felt him move back a bit since my appt this morning so that's good.

this was taken yesterday I think...so almost 39 weeks! 

Anyway- I think that's about all to catch up on! I'm sure next time I post won't be til after baby boy comes so stay tuned for that one! Love you all!

2 comments:

Strommer Family said...

How are you gonna go to the DC temple and not visit me?? I live 20 minutes away!! ;)

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Mom loved Ebber's room. She said it was so cute! She was mucho impressed with all of your projects you've done, too. Wish I was there to smooch on the boy and do some crafting!