Sunday, September 15, 2013

"The only thing that should surprise us is that there are still some things that can surprise us."

Well as most of you know....our little family is being blessed with a new little one! :)



This was quite a surprise for us and to be honest took me awhile to get used to the idea/have it sink in...just cuz it was such a BIG surprise, Mark was pretty shocked too :) But we know that God must have a reason for blessing us with another wee one and we are excited to meet him/her!

Originally I thought it all timed out to where I was due April 3. I had my first appt last week and the Dr. said that my uterus was measuring a little bigger than the 10 weeks I thought I was so I went back Friday morning and had an ultrasound to "date" me and it turns out I'm now bt 14 & 15 weeks! So that was kinda nice...got to skip ahead a couple weeks ;) This changes my due date to March 7th now. Either way the suckiest thing about it all is Mark is gonna miss the birth. He's leaving for training end-ish of January and leaving for his deployment mid/end February. So we're pretty bummed about that but there's not much we can do. I have a LOT of amazingly supportive, awesome friends here and wonderful fam who are gonna fly out and help so I know I'll be fine but it's still sucky :(

Anywho...so it seems like my pregnancies are fairly similar but with each one the symptoms are a little more prominent. With Andrew I was more tired, had a bit more upset stomach/indigestion, etc. and with this one they are even more... I've been SO tired with this one and my energy/motivation to do anything is completely shot....my stomach is constantly at wars with itself...I'll be STARVING but then it's sensitive on what I eat so I can't eat much or have as many options so then it's unsettled and it's hard to keep it at a happy balance. It's really driving me crazy! On the plus side of that though it's made me change up my eating habits...smaller meals more frequently which I know is better for you anyway :) and I am now 4 lbs or so from my "pre Andrew weight" which I was trying to get at...bad news is that won't last long! :) I was counting down the weeks til I was out of my first trimester before but now that I now that I'm "out" of it I'm kinda disappointed, I was hoping it would have subsided more by now! :(

We have told Evelyn although she hasn't talked about it too much. She of course, wants a sister, so we'll see if she gets her wish this time. She wants to name it Tangled too :) That's not gonna happen!

So yeah! I think that's pretty much all for now! Although, the ultrasound lady did say she was pretty sure she could tell what it was but I'm not allowed to say on here...Mark, for some reason has decided he doesn't want to know til it is born...don't know why but that's what he wants so I'm gonna try hard not to spoil it....although it's gonna be tough! So if anyone wants to know they're gonna have to call/text/facebook me! :) Although he doesn't have Facebook so I guess I could put it there but I'll decide on that later when I have the next more definitive ultrasound :)


No comments: