Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Elizabeth {18 months}

I meant to post this closer to her actual 18 month mark but time got away from me this past week :) But my little angel girl is 18 months old now! No more little baby left...just a full blown active little toddler! She's so adorable and funny and so fun to watch. She knows what she wants now and is getting so independent! She's learning so much and just getting so big! It's so crazy...it seems like not too long ago we were waiting for her arrival and now I can't imagine our little family without her!

The biggest development between her birthday and now is her talking! She is talking SO much! She's definitely taking more after her sister in that respect :) Not that I need such another big talker! ;) haha...her main words right now are bottle, milk, Mick (which is what she calls her blanket for some reason...it's kinda hard to "spell out" though she says it in a unique little way), night night, hola/hi, NaNa (for Evelyn), momma (although she said "mommy" for the first time the other day too), daddy, book, baby, done, what's that?, dog (she calls every animal she sees dog), poop (thank you Andrew and potty training), water (wa-wa),

Let's see...she's getting more active outside with the older two...wanting to ride bikes and play ball. It's funny though...we've been noticing for awhile that she goes back and forth between her hands which she uses...we've noticed she goes back and forth to eat with her left and right and she always kicks with her left foot. So that'll be interesting to see what she does with that... :) She loves to color and play with play-doh with Andrew and Evelyn. She plays whatever they are playing really. She's so good on her own though...now that the other two are in school again, it's just her and me (and Carmen now :) ) at home from 9-2. Which luckily she still naps for a good portion of that time :) Otherwise she hangs out with me or plays in the playroom. She likes the kitchen and books and Andrew's trains. She's been getting mad at me though lately because I'll more often than not just leave her at home with Carmen while I run to get the big kids. But then she gets so happy when I come home :) I love that :) I'm not always the one that gets the big "welcome home" since I'm always with them.

She loves water and is always trying to get in their bathroom to climb on the stool and get in the sink. She loves getting her own bowl or utensils to eat. She goes to the fridge and pantry and tells me what she wants now. She loves shoes and is starting to notice what she's wearing now. She's super silly and has so many silly faces she does. She's got this little "air" about her now that is like, "I know things, I can do things now". She's also got this "mischievous" little look which is super cute but potentially dangerous :)  She's still obsessed with her belly button. She loves giving kisses, but you have to ask for it :) She's got the cutest, throaty little laugh that I love.

One day she learned to lock the bathroom door but luckily unlocked it right away...but then a couple weeks ago she locked it and couldn't/wouldn't unlock it...Mark was on one side of the door trying to get her to unlock it and I went outside to look through the window and try to get her to do it but she wouldn't so Mark finally kicked the door in, which luckily just broke off the lock piece and didn't damage the door at all ;) :) :) so that was fun....

So here's some pics from the last 6 months! You can really tell from the first pics we took here that she's losing her baby-ness...she looks so big now!!!! (these aren't in order exactly though...)
































this was a fun day...I was at a store similar to Lowe's and got a little thing of paint...which she got ahold of and opened....allllll over her clothes and stroller and skin...super fun...

since the other two are in school she gets a lot of one on one time with momma and sometimes lunch with daddy! 











I love her little curls in the back!




















































No comments: