Sunday, July 27, 2008

"I like you...have a nut."

Mark and I LOVE watching movies, and we do it a lot (first of all cuz it's generally cheap, if we have it or go to the $1 Theater, and it's just plain good entertainment!) I love it though because he'll watch pretty much anything, so if there's a chick flick or something that I want to see, he'll see it with me, no problem! It's so great. I'll generally watch whatever too so we're just perfect for each other. :)

Anyway, this past week I've seen two amazing movies. The first one was "Batman: The Dark Knight" which, if you haven't seen already, you need too! It was seriously one of THE BEST movies I have EVER seen in my ENTIRE life! I LOVED it!
First of all Christian Bale is an amazing actor (and not too hard on the eyes either....plus that voice! mmm..... :).
Second of all, it just had an all around awesome cast: Morgan Freeman, Heath Ledger, Michael Caine, Maggie Gyllenhaal (I am SO glad they didn't use Katie Holmes again! Maggie was so much better!), and everyone else was great too. They all just did so well together! A good cast that meshes well is so hard to find in movies sometimes and this one definitely has it.
Thirdly, it was just....amazing! It had so much plot and depth and an amazing screenplay and awesome action and it was funny but dark and just all around awesome! I loved that they made it so long though! I hate that movies nowadays are so short, this was almost three hours long which just made it all the better! It didn't seem that long while you were watching cuz it's so engrossing and all of a sudden it's over and you're like...wow!
Fourthly-Heath Ledger is a freaking genius! He was such a talented actor and this movie sure did prove it! You can also see why he needed those darn sleeping pills though! The Joker was so freaking creepy! Heath did a FANtastic job in portraying him. It's just so so so sad that he died! (He generally is pretty darn good-looking, but not as the joker...he was so....creepy!).
I loved the first Batman though. I'm usually not too much into all the comic book movies and wasn't too excited to watch the first Batman but I did and I loved it and this one was even better! Mark and I are very excited to see it again. It's definitely one we're going to buy for ourselves. :)

The second movie I saw was "Mamma Mia!" My old roomie Whit and I went up to see our other awesome roomie Maria (who is leaving on a mission to the Ukraine in 3 weeks...eek!!!). We wanted to spend some time with her before she left (we won't see her for a year and a half!!! I don't know what I am going to do....she's seriously so amazing, one of the most amazing people I've met in my whole life :). Anyway, we went out to dinner at Chili's and then went to see the movie and we LOVED it! First of all, we love musicals anyway. Maria is ALWAYS singing- seriously....always....and musicals are a fav to belt out. This movie was SO funny though! It was completely random and crazy and so much fun and the music was awesome! We were slightly obnoxious in the theater though, we hadn't all three been together since my wedding and I haven't had a lot of contact with girls much since then so we were in very girly, giggly, excited moods and we laughed so much and so hard during the movie and kept singing along and I think some people were annoyed by us. But we didn't care. We were having too much fun!!!!

The only downside to the movie though was that Pierce Brosnan CANNOT sing! I have no clue why they had him in the movie and be the main singing guy but whoever did it was crazy. Maria, Whit, and I agreed that they should have used Hugh Jackman who is very good looking and CAN sing...quite well actually....but oh well, can't be changed now! The main girl though, Sophie, was a girl who played in the movie "Mean Girls" (a personal fav of mine) and she did an awesome job! And she's a pretty darn good singer too!

Overall though, it was just a very fun, entertaining movie, of which I also want when it comes out. I just absolutely love movies and am SO glad that musicals are coming back!!! I absolutely love old movies, Doris Day is my all time favorite actress. I think she is absolutely fantastic...as well as Gene Kelly, Cary Grant, Fred Astaire, Danny Kaye, James Garner (he was good lookin' when he was younger!!!), Rock Hudson, and the like. I think they are some of the best movies I've ever seen. I love all the musicals and such they did back then and am excited for the comeback, although they're mostly remakes of things and such. We've had some pretty good ones so far, one of my other favs being "Hairspray." I LOVE that soundtrack and the movie! Also a very good, fun, entertaining movie, with an Amazing cast.
Anywho....I think that's all for now, except that I thoroughly recommend "The Dark Knight" and "Mamma Mia" and anything with Doris Day!!! Also, I have two of the best friends in the entire world and I am going to miss Maria when she leaves!!! Whit's just getting married...she'll still be around but Maria is leaving me! Although technically I've already kinda left her by getting married myself but...meh.... :) Donkey!!!

3 comments:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Just tempt me with Batman. Go ahead then. Just do it. I guess I'll just have to wait til Emily buys it.

Tara said...

That's gonna be a long long while! So sad! You should have told dad you wanted to see it, him and Sierra are going right now! I talked him into it...they were going to go see Hancock...pshh...Batman is so much better!

Ramona said...

Yeah, Annie, you should totally go see it. I mean, hearing one guy describe it, he was like "Yeah, and Heath Ledger? More like Heath LEGEND!" He totally sounded like a girl. And yeah it's scary, but totally places high value on having...well, high values. Seriously possibly my favorite movie ever. Definitely worth it to go see it in theaters. Especially if your ticket doesn't cost $10.