Sunday, January 18, 2009

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." --Aldous Huxley--

Thursday night Mark and I went up to Salt Lake to go to the Utah Symphony with Amy and Calvin. They played Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" and it was so AmazinG! Amy had told me one time that she had always wanted to go hear that in concert and I found out the Utah Symphony was doing it and so Mark and I got tickets for the four of us for a Christmas present. In return, Amy and Calvin took us out to dinner afterwards. So pretty much, it was a wonderful evening. The concert was wonderful, I loved all the string instruments, so amazing! These people were SO talented! They also had a harpsichord for a couple of the songs which is a pretty funny instrument.


After the concert we went to a place called "Dee's" (we went there last April when both our parents were here...very yummy cheese fries!). We had a grand ol' time talking and eating and everything. The food was great too. After dinner we went back to Amy's for a few minutes and had some ice cream and then we headed home! It was a great night though and I hope to go back to the Symphony at least one more time before we leave Utah.

(She was a little hungry... :)

(So was he but that's nothing new).

Here's another music quote for you, it wouldn't fit in the title line so I just put it here :)

"Music soothes us, stirs us up; it puts noble feelings in us; it melts us to tears, we know not how--it is a language by itself, just as perfect, in its way, as speech, as words; just as divine, just as blessed."
--Charles Kingsley--





Also, a last little note. Today is my mamma's birthday! So I just wanted to wish her a wonderful day and a wonderful year! I wish I could be with you to celebrate! I love you!

(This is the only picture I have of my mom and all her daughters).

1 comment:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

The picture of you and Mark is really cute!