Friday, January 23, 2009

"Having a child is surely the most beautifully irrational act that two people in love can commit." --Bill Cosby--

Well, as many of you already know...I am pregnant! Well, at least that's what two pregnancy tests said so I'm gonna go with it :) I just wanted to go a little further in the story and tell you how finding out went and telling Mark, which was pretty clever and creative if I do say so myself. :)

So I really haven't noticed too much difference lately that would make me think I'm pregnant, that is until Wednesday morning when I was just sitting there, minding my own business, eating some oatmeal...like I do every morning...and suddenly that oatmeal did not want to stay in my stomach. So not to gross anyone out or anything, I'll just say that I threw up a tiny bit (thank goodness), and after that I felt completely fine. The thing is I NEVER throw up...even when I'm sick, which is also rare (not that I'm complaining, I would like to stay this way...). So this kinda made me think, hmm..maybe I'm pregnant. That night we had to go to Wal Mart so I was like, should we get a test or what? Mark was like ok...I guess. I think he was a little scared to find out the results...

Anyway, we got home, ate some dinner. He started doing homework and I think the whole test thing got pushed back a little in his mind cuz he didn't say anything about it later. I went and started doing some scrapbook pages from the holidays (turned out REALLY cute btw, thanks to my new paper :). Awhile later I decided to go ahead and take a test since I had to go pee anyway :)...so I did it...waited a bit...waited a little longer...and then there was no use denying..there it was, two little pink lines...eek! I was honestly a little freaked out and completely surprised. We were not trying to have a baby, as much as I wanted one, but last month I had some issues with my birth control and this is what came of it I guess!

So anyway, I went into our study and talked to Mark for a minute, trying to decided how to tell him, and then an idea came to my mind. So I was like, come in here and look at the pages I just did. So he did and was looking at them and meanwhile I was getting a certain scrapbook kit I got at that awesome sale, which just happened to be a baby one. And I went up behind him and said, I was thinking about doing this one next...and he looked at it...and paused, and was like..are you serious??? And I was like, yup, I'm pretty sure. So he had to look at the test himself and then preceeded to be shocked for the next little while, while it sank in.


It didn't sink it for me until yesterday after I did a second test and then talked to my mom and started telling all the rest of my family. I seriously spent 75% of yesterday on the phone with people...it was crazy...there was a lot of screaming and a lot of excitement and it was so much fun!!! There were a couple people I surprised but everyone else was like, I knew it! Which is funny cuz how would they know? But I guess the fact that I was randomly calling up on a Thursday afternoon had something to do with it.

So yeah...how crazy is all that? I am so super duper thrilled though...if any of you know me, you know how much I LOVE babies and how long I've wanted one...I can't wait to start buying things for it and finding out what it is though!!! It just doesn't seem like it'll come soon enough but I'm sure it'll be over quicker than I know it. So I'm gonna just try and relax and try not to stress myself out with excitement and worry. :) I did make a doctor's appointment yesterday and they gave me a tentative due date of late September/early October but I'll find out more at my first appointment, which is ages away it seems! So there might not be too much news about everything over the next month unless you're super interested in how morning sickness is going for me :) haha..joking..but don't worry, February will be a busy month anyway so I'll have other things to blog about...like Valentine's Day and more importantly, my birthday!!! Yay!

Anywho...so I guess that's all I have to say for now...here's some nice pictures of Mark not long after he found out...he was just being so funny, I had to take a picture to commemorate the occasion.


1 comment:

Maag Family said...

Congrats!!!! We are so happy for you. Babies are so fun and you will be great parents. Love ya