Monday, February 23, 2009

"Birthdays are like Boogers... the more you have the harder it is to breathe."

SO my birthday is now over, it always goes by so fast, but it sure was a great one! I am now 22 though, my "golden year" as some people have been calling it cuz my b-day is 2/22. I sure hope it's a good one, and so far it seems to be looking towards that! :) We kinda stretched celebrating over a couple days though since my actual b-day was on Sunday. So on Saturday both Mark and I had work scheduled for the morning so we could do something that night. After we both got home we went to Borders where he got me a new book for his present (I told him I wanted it :). It's actually the third book in the Inkheart trilogy but it just came out and I haven't read it yet and really wanted to. We'll get the other two later on. Surprisingly though, I haven't read the entire thing yet! Usually when I get a new book I read it in less than 24 hours, but I've been busy this weekend and value my sleep more now so I'm taking this one slow. It's a huge book though and so far really good!

After the bookstore we put our name on the waiting list at the restaurant we ate at and wandered around the shopping area until a table opened up. We went to a place called Tucanos, which is a yummy Brazilian restaurant where the waiters come around with various meats on skewers and sometimes grilled pineapple and veggies. They also have a salad bar, so you don't feel bad for eating so much meat. :) Anyway, it is SO ridiculously good, I love that place. It's also very expensive but luckily they do a birthday thing where you get a buy one get one free meal during your b-day month. :) Mark signed up to have his name on the birthday thing so hopefully we can go one more time before we leave Utah!

After dinner we met up with Whit and her husband Richie and went mini-golfing, which was a lot of fun. We goofed off quite a bit but who plays mini-golf seriously? The best part was that I got a hole-in-one on the last hole and got a coupon for free game. Happy birthday to me! :) haha...it was a pretty lucky shot though, the first 2 tries I hit it against the fence thing and it bounced out but I got the last one perfect! Here are some goofy pics we took while playing.





After we were done golfing, we went to a fast food place called Iceberg and got some way yummy shakes, they are SO good. I got a peppermint one, of course, and was very happy, although I couldn't eat it all, it was so big!




Sunday turned out to be pretty great too. I slept in, then read in bed for awhile while Mark made me breakfast (pancakes, bacon, and cheesy eggs, yum), which he brought to me in bed. He's so sweet! After that we went to church, came home, I took a brief nap, talked to some family, and then we went over to Whit and Richie's house for dinner. She made me a yummy b-day dinner with "Anniversary Chicken", corn, salad, and rolls. It was really good! Then we played Spades (a really fun card game) and watched the Academy Awards and made fun of the people's dresses. It was a great, fun time and overall a most wonderful birthday!





Birthdays are the best though, you get lots of people calling you, facebooking/emailing you, and sending you things! It's so great! :) My fam sent things throughout the week, although Mark wouldn't let me open my mom's box until Sunday morning...I got to the other things before he could stop me though. :) I got some clothes and candy and scrapbooking stuff, and of course, baby stuff. I really hope we end up having a girl like everyone seems to think cuz all the baby stuff was girl stuff! Pretty funny if you ask me though...

Anywho, so I guess that's all I have to say about my birthday. I do want to say thanks though to all my friends and family for everything they do for me! You all are SO great! Thanks for making my birthday wonderful! I love you all!

2 comments:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

I had great intentions of calling you Sunday night, but I had a realllllllyyy bad ache in my leg, so I went home, took some Ibuprophen, and zonked out. But I've been busy putting some stuff together for you.

Happy Birthday!

Your favorite sister.

carmen said...

umm......tara i love your blog:)
carmen<3