Sunday, February 15, 2009

"I do love nothing in the world so well as you. Is that not strange?" --Benedick, Much Ado About Nothing

Happy belated Valentine's Day everybody! I hope you all had a great day, I know I did! Well the ending anyway. The beginning wasn't too exciting. We were going to go to the temple yesterday but Mark had to work in the morning and I had to work that night. :( Not fun. So I just kinda slept in a little bit while he went to work, talked to my sisters and mom, cleaned my entire apartment, quite well too, and then watched some old episodes of Mad About You before I had to go to work. Work was ever so fun, not! It was ridiculously slow yesterday, who wants to look at wedding invitations on Valentine's Day? Not many...anyway. So work lasted forever it seemed like but finally it was 9:00 and Mark came to pick me up (I let him have the car yesterday cuz he had some "things" to do after work...:)

So we got home and are about to go in the house and he's like, ok, there's a trail you need to follow inside the house. And I look inside and there's a line of balloons going to our bedroom (not a very far distance).


And then I opened our bedroom door and pretty much the whole room is covered in balloons and on the bed there's a bouquet of gorgeous flowers leaning against one of the balloons. SO pretty!


Then he tells me that part of my present is in one of the balloons so I shake all of them and don't find anything, apparently I passed it. But I eventually find it, pop the balloon, and inside is a receipt for movie tickets (he couldn't fit the gift card in the balloon). We hardly ever go to the real theater so I was pretty excited, and there's a ton of great movies coming out this year that I would hate to wait for the dollar theater.


Anyway, after this we went and finished up the dinner that he started. He made salad, vegetables, mashed potatoes and gravy, and then there was chicken wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with cheese (he said he was trying to copy a recipe they used to make at Outback when he worked there). It was SO yummy and he did such a good job! I'm so lucky to have a husband that likes to cook. I made us a yummy dessert of cookie dough brownies, which were DELIcious! Really...so good.



While we were eating I gave Mark his present, which he already knew what it was. It was an Alabama ball cap, just like the one he used to have. We lost it on the plane coming home from our honeymoon so he's been pretty sad without it. I was going to fill it with candy or something but I didn't figure out what I wanted to do until I was at the store with him so then I couldn't buy it. So I'm just going to buy him his snack at the store this week (all the candy is on sale now! :).




Anyway, after we ate, we sat on the couch and watched "The Lake House" which is a pretty cute love story. Mark had never seen it though so I thought we'd watch it because of that and I think it's a cute movie. But overall, it was a pretty great Valentine's Day! Mark is so freaking sweet and creative. He kept saying though that he should've done this and that...his usual thing. But I was like, whatever, it was so cute! He just didn't have a lot of time yesterday to do all he wanted (he got off at 6 and then had to go to the store and buy everything and all that so he didn't really have too much time to put it all together, but I still think he did an awesome job!). SO yeah, I think I have the sweetest husband ever and am interested to see what he does next weekend for my birthday! Haha...poor guy...He thinks its not fair that he has to do the two things so close together and I'm like tough luck! He's lucky I'm not like my friend Maria, who's birthday IS Valentine's Day! Anywho...that's all for today! I'm off to eat some yummy lasagna with Markie Poo :)

1 comment:

Strommer Family said...

Hello Tara and Mark...this is Mark's "cousin" kind of sort of I guess...Hugh's daughter...my mom sent me a link that she got from your mom (Mark) so I could check out yours and your brother's blogs...I'm a blogaholic and so I was so very excited to have another blog to watch and look at..especially if it's family!! ;)