Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Be happy for this moment; this moment is your life."

So I haven't blogged in awhile but nothing too terribly exciting has been going on. Mark ended his summer term with A's in both his classes, then he spent the next two weeks working full time before starting fall semester this past Monday...fun stuff right there! He's not terribly excited for this semester but it IS his very last one so I think he's going to make it just fine. Pretty much all I've been doing is working and starting to get ready for the baby. We've been trying to get as much stuff done as we can and so far our list is dwindling nicely!

We'll be getting even more done next week after the baby shower so we know what we'll need to get...that should be a fun shopping trip. Mark's not too terribly into shopping. He can make it pretty entertatining though. We have gotten some baby stuff already, mostly clothes from relatives and boy do we have a lot of them! (well clothes that is, although I do have a LOT of relatives too :)

Anyway, my grandma's niece and my aunt in CA both have girls so I've been getting lots of stuff from them. The other day we got these two nice huge boxes from my grandma full of all this stuff...we also got another big box from her before this as well as a suitcase full of stuff from my sister. AND that's not all...my grandma is sending even more clothes later...this kid is going to have more clothes than Mark and I put together! I told her that I could probably put a different outfit on the baby everyday and never repeat :) So yeah, I am excited for the baby shower (it's on Saturday), especially cuz I get to see some friends I haven't seen in a long time!



Speaking of friends, one of my best friends Emma got married two weeks ago. Unfortunately the wedding was in Oregon so I didn't get to go but her brother just put pics up on facebook and she looked so gorgeous! She married a guy named Gary who was in our freshman ward here at BYU (that's where I met Emma). They kinda dated, then both went on missions, came back, dated for real, and now they're married! They are the CUTEST couple ever too, so perfect for each other! Here's some pics of them.



Onto other best friends... the end of August was Whit's b-day so a couple days before we all went out to dinner at Goodwood and then went bowling. It was pretty fun, we don't really hang out with other couples or other people much so it was really nice to hang out with them.

Let's see...before school started Mark and I did go up the canyon again, this time to a different spot, and had a fire and did tin foil dinners. This new spot is so nice and peaceful and pretty! There weren't many people there at all so it was nice and quiet and we really had a nice time up there. We're planning on going on Monday with Amy so that will be fun.





So I think that's pretty much all that's been going on lately. Just working, school, and enjoying some time together before the baby comes! Trying to take advantage of any relaxing/quiet time that I can cuz I know it's going to be gone before too soon!

(I think this is about 33/34 weeks along...?)

(oh and this is a pic of my niece Kady when she and Monie were out here...she was such a hoot! funny little girl)

No comments: