Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Age is of no importance unless you are a cheese" -- Billie Burke--

So as I mentioned last time, this weekend was Mark's b-day! He turned 26 on Sunday and has been feeling slightly old...I told him not to worry about it, 26 isn't old! :) Anyway, Sunday morning I made him some cinnamon rolls, and after church I gave him his presents. He kinda already knew what he was getting but it's still fun to open them! I got him a pull-up bar so he could do some more work outs at home and then I got him Wolverine on DVD, good movie right there. :) He was pretty excited about it and watched it right away.

(Hmmm....what could these be?)

(yes! Wolverine!)

(ooo...exercising...how exciting :)

Later on that day we had some friends over (Whit and Rich and Chelsea and Jon) and had a delicious homemade Italian dinner. I made homemade meatballs and spaghetti sauce and then Whit brought a salad and some delicious homemade french bread which we made garlic bread with. It was SOOOO good!!!! We had a great time eating and talking with our friends. They are so fun and I wish we all had more time to hang out!

(mmm....raw meatballs.... :)

(The simmering sauce)

(The sauce and meatballs...although you can't really see the meatballs...)

(Whit's yummy french bread!)

(The finished product! It was seriously so good!)

After dinner we made some fried bread, per the birthday boy's request. He had it at my parents house Christmas morning and has been wanting more ever since...funny boy. I have to admit they are extremely yummy, although having them and cinnamon rolls in one day probably wasn't the best idea...but it's what he wanted so how could I refuse! :) Anyway, thanks Whit/Rich and Chelsea/Jon for a wonderful evening!

(Mark making fried bread)

(The "gang" :)

One last thing, I did forget one birthday from last week, my nephew Joe turned 8 on the 15th and on Saturday he got baptized so it was a pretty big week for him! Happy birthday again Joe and congrats on getting baptized! :)

No comments: