Saturday, March 5, 2011

You can hear the footsteps of God when silence reigns in the mind.

A couple weeks ago I started a project for Evelyn (it's a quiet book for the trip/church/traveling/etc) and got almost all the way done with it when my sewing machine broke so I had to take a break from it til it got fixed. I finally got it back today and finished the cover and now I'm done! It didn't turn out nearly as neat and finished looking as the original person's tutorial example (Serving Pink Lemonade) but it's still cute and hopefully will keep Evelyn entertained! I found some other pages on another blog that I want to add later on but this is what I've got so far. I've been finding some awesome tutorials and projects on the new crafty blogs I have on the right side of the blog and can't wait to get settled in MO so I can start on some! These ladies have some amazing ideas and are SO creative and just amazing!

The Outside Cover

Inside Cover...both front and back covers have pockets for extra pieces.

This first page is a mailbox, of course, the face comes down and you can put letters in it and the flag moves :)

Balloons come off on this one and the color wheel turns.

Seasonal tree! Three sets of things to go on tree, flowers, leaves, and fall leaves

Tennis Racquet- You can lace and unlace the laces :)

Ballet shoe- Tying a bow of course! Some of these I know she can't do yet but they're still fun!

Little Roadway Layout- The car can go in the garage and all the signs are movable

Fish and seaweed are movable (most of these are just movable ones which might get old for her but they're so cute!)

Movable flower petals with numbers! And the flower pot holds the petals that come off :)

More movables! The easel is so cute though!

Gotta have a dress up doll!

This is one I came up with myself! Evelyn LOVES the map from Dora so I did a little Map page to go to Grammy's house! :) See? Red barn house and all!

One of my favs...the template had the red barn, which opens and holds Finger puppets, unfortunately it didn't hold all the puppets I made so I made another farm page with a fence that happens and wa-la! There's the other puppet! :)

Evelyn was very excited when I finally finished and went through the book with her. Hopefully it keeps her entertained and that she doesn't pull things completely off! :)

This last pic is another project I've been wanting to try. (Tutorial found here). It's a nice substitute for using sandwich bags all the time for Evelyn's little things and so much cuter! I plan on making more but for now here it is! I want to use it for her crayons and stuff for the trip...easier to keep track of! I'm also thinking of using them for scrapbook gadgets and such and sewing stuff, perfect little bags for them and the plastic vinyl is pretty darn cheap by the yard!



Well that's all for today! I'll try to do another post in the next couple days, I've been behind on one event a couple weeks ago but if not then I got too busy packing and getting ready to leave! Less than a week left here now! Holy cow, I can't believe it!

2 comments:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

It's really cute! Looks like it took a lot of work.

Ramona said...

I thought it was over the river and through the woods, not under the river and by the woods.

Cute! I can't wait to see in person!