Thursday, April 5, 2012

"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'" --President John F. Kennedy--

A week ago Evelyn and I went over to Mark's work to see Mark get "officially" promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade (LTJG)! He's been an officer in the Navy now for two years, which is when they promote, and we are so proud of him! It was a quick little ceremony, pretty much just repeating the oath/swearing in type thing again, and then switching his Ensign insignia for the LTJG insignia....which is basically just changing the gold bar on his uniform and cover to a silver bar. So it was quick, like I said, but we are so excited and happy for him. He's been working hard and doing a great job and I can't say enough how proud I am of him! So here's some pictures from the event...

Repeating the oath

This is his CO btw (Commanding Officer) , we've been lucky with getting great CO's! This one is super family oriented and super nice and so is his family. 

Yay! done with the oath! 

Now time to switch it up! Since the bars are sewn on there he had to switch his blouse and cover right there and they gave me the "honor" of helping him :)

Evelyn didn't quite care about it :)



See? Just a little change- you can see the silver bar on his cover

And he's promoted! :)

My adorable little girl, she's so sweet!

And so cute! Even though her skirt isn't quite modest here :)
So there you have it! We celebrated inside with everyone with some snacks and DQ ice cream cake (I was looking forward to taking some home but it totally disappeared! :( Then they let Mark have the rest of the day off (it was 3:00 by then so not a big deal) and we went down to the beach area, had some dinner, and played at the beach with Evelyn! So overall pretty great day!

1 comment:

Mom Erwin said...

Congratulations, Mark!