Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."

While I haven't been up to as many "projects" as I have been in the past, I have done a few since the last time I posted about any...which was a loooong time ago :) I think around Christmas :) SO here's what I've been up too.

I made this bow tie onesie for a friend on my street who just had a little boy. It's a fun/quick little gift and so cute for little boys! :)

This is a little dress I made for Evelyn, cute basic/comfy :)


And this is a cute little bag that I made to put this in....

a cart cover! :) It's reversible and the other side is the same fabric as the  bag. 


This next project I really liked initially but am not liking it as much  in use....



It looks great right here but after some use the straps keep coming loose from the rings and then the weight of her books/etc pull it forward. So I'm going to redo the straps somehow and see how it works. I love the organization of it and that it keeps things off the floor for Evelyn though. 

This dress I made as a pre-quel to the flower girl dress I'm making next. I wanted to try the pattern out first to make sure I did the right size/we liked it and I looove it! 

The final product is going to be white the navy blue details.  I'm also going to make a petticoat to go underneath to keep it full :) 

she's going to be the cutest flower girl ever! 

my pretty little princess singing her princess song :)


and this is my February/Valentine Day entry decor :)


I love the coral/ish pink and turquoise! 

I feel like I've done more but I guess that's all the craftiness I've done...although I have done a little different type of craftiness which is probably why I feel like I've done more :) Along with my Young Women's calling keeping me busy, I've done a bit of "printables" designs to go with my lessons and to decorate the YW room. So here's a few cute things I've come up with for the girls!

Each month there's a "theme" for the lessons we teach on Sunday...January was about the Godhead

February...The Plan of Salvation....So when I started out in this calling I redid our bulletin board completely and added a calendar and each month I put up a new sign for the monthly theme. :) I know chalkboards are pretty "in" and popular but I really love them and they are so fun to make for posters! :)
I found a bunch of awesome "chalkboard font" lists through Pinterest and have had a lot of fun playing around with them! I especially love this quote from President Uchtdorf

I even found some colored chalkboard backgrounds to use :)

 SO yeah! All that along with the pictures of my kiddos is what I've been up to on the crafty side of things! Oh! and I'm also helping my friend Morgan design/make her wedding invitations so that's been taking up some time too... :) Otherwise life has just been chugging along....Preschool/gymnastics/friends/playing has kept Evelyn busy...we've had lots of play dates with friends, which is great for both of us :) You already know what Andrew has been up to from two posts ago...Mark has been busy with work and playing with the kids and hanging out with me if the few minutes of the day that are left :) Luckily we have some great friends here and were actually able to go on a date a couple weekends ago. We had lunch and saw Les Mes, which was AMAZING. Then this Friday we are going out for dinner for my birthday! woot! :) And in a couple weeks we have our Seabee Ball which I'm so excited about! Evelyn and I found an awesome dress this weekend and I'm excited to dress up and go out for a fun night with some awesome friends! So that will be a fun post to share with you :)  I'm happy with myself for getting a couple posts out other than Andrew updates ;) next hopefully will be an Evelyn update since those haven't been very frequent :) So til next time!

No comments: