Monday, October 13, 2008

"Home is where you can say anything you like because no one listens to you anyway."

So, as some of you already know, Mark and I are moving! Probably really not the best time to move, right in the middle of the semester, but that's just how it worked out. :) It's actually just a block away from our complex now but this time it's in a house! We're in the basement part of it and have a couple living on the main floor above us, who seem pretty nice from the 5 minutes or so I met them. Anyway, I've been looking around for a while for a house to live in cuz I don't like living in the massive complex we we're in for many a reason I won't get into right now. Let's just say a big part is that I am a bit sound sensitive (as my family well knows... :) and our neighbors (on both sides and below us) are all really loud and it drives me nuts, especially when I'm sleeping! And we all know that Tara needs her sleep...it's just a given. My Aunt Tawnya told me once that she and her mom were both the same way with things annoying them like that so I say it's all genetic :) But I still love you G-ma Rose! :)

Anywho- I started packing up and moving stuff over this weekend and today and tomorrow we're going to finish up! Oh...and about the new place. The main reason I like is cuz it has a washer and dryer! Yay! I hate paying for laundry and having to deal with going there and switching and so on. It's just a pain! But we have one now so I'm happy. Another nice thing is that it has two rooms (both are pretty small but oh well). So now we can use one for a bedroom and the other as a study/guest room! It was kind of annoying to be stuck in just three small areas at our other apartment especially when Mark was studying and I wanted to watch a show or something...he gets distracted WAY to easily to be in the same room for that. So now he can study and I can study or do whatever and we won't be in each others way! The new place is also furnished except for a bed...well it has beds but twins. Annie said we could kick it old style like on "I love Lucy" and each have a twin bed but I was like, no Annie, we can do better than that, they make into bunkbeds! :) Mark thought that would be fun but I said no....Our new landlord though knows a guy who works at a Mattress Warehouse and he got us an awesome deal on a queen sized bed with boxspring and frame (only $100!). He's pretty cool for a landlord, very funny old guy. So we're picking up the bed tonight and moving stuff in. Which just gives me another reason to procrastinate my homework of course! I'm so bad at that...I promise I get it done, just usually right before it's due :)

It's going to be a pretty busy week though, with moving and working a lot and school and then Saturday I have a good friend getting married so we're going to go to her reception. I was gonna go to her wedding ceremony at the temple but sadly I have to work in the morning cuz I'm such a good person. Two out of four employees are gonna be gone that day out of town and I had originally asked that day off before but felt bad leaving the entire shift to the only other girl...I'm just so darn nice, but really sad to miss her sealing!!!!. The reception will be fun though, and hopefully the cake will be good! I do love me some good wedding cake...mmmm...yummy....

Well just as a bit of an ending, although it's gonna be on a good note, it's getting to be very wintery here! I'm NOT very happy about this fact at all though, I HATE cold and I HATE the snow that makes it cold (although it does make the mountains look pretty and we've had some awesome cloud action lately). I have a feeling it's gonna be a very, very cold winter here! It usually doesn't start snowing until the end of October but it's already begun and I guess I just need to face the facts. That's what I get for living in Utah I suppose! I do love these mountains though! SO amazing!

1 comment: