Friday, October 17, 2008

When we lose one blessing, another is often, most unexpectedly, given in its place. --C.S. Lewis--

I am so full of gratitude right now that I couldn't help but blog about it! I don't even really know where to start but here we go! So today was a pay day for both Mark and I, and as poor married college students, every pay day is very needful and exciting. Today just happened to be a most wonderful payday and very, very unexpected too! First of all Mark got paid more than he thought so we were pretty happy about that little factor. But later on today when I went to check our account online, our total was double what it should have been. I was a wee bit shocked and had no clue what is was for but definitely wasn't going to complain about it!

So what really happened was that Mark has been trying to finish his FAFSA for a while now but lost his W2's so he had to request more and blah, blah, blah. So last week he finally finished all the forms and sent it off. We thought it would take awhile to here back but lo and behold! There it was, a nice little pile of money for a pell grant in our bank account that we did NOT expect to get! First of all, we thought he'd just money for next semester since this one has already started but the Lord decided to bless us and give us some for this semester as well. I was talking to Mark online (we were both at work) and he said he yelled out loud he was so happy! (I couldn't cuz there were people in my store but I so wanted to!)

Anyway, we are SO excited and happy and SOOOO grateful for this wonderful blessing! The Lord is really looking out for us and we couldn't be more grateful for His love and help! When we follow His commandments, we really are blessed so much! We've been getting by with just enough for our needs, as most college students do, but this is certainly going to help us out so much. We'd just like to say how thankful we are for our families who do so much to help us and especially we'd like to thank our Heavenly Father for everything He does for us and continues to do for us.

2 comments:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Aww, Tara, you had me in tears with this one!

Am said...

I'm so happy for you! This makes me think of all of the stories that I heard growing up about young families that get unexpected blessings just as it's hardest to pay tithing etc., I'm pretty sure you know the ones. Felicitacoes!