Sunday, July 26, 2009

The King of Country Returns to Utah!

So I got a phone call one day a week or so ago from my good friend Shauna who said that she had gotten tickets for a George Strait concert and the person that was going to go with her bailed and would I like to go? Um, heck yes I would!!! Who would give up a chance like that? NO comments from all you country haters out there...if you don't like country then just skip this post...cuz I LOVE country music and I LOVE George Strait, he's fantastically amazing and there's nothing you can do to change how I feel. :)

Anyway, the concert was last Friday night (the 17th). We were both running a little late so we missed the first opening act (some new girl who I don't really know), but we did get to see most of Blake Shelton's opening act which was pretty darn good. The concert was at this HUGE amphitheater up in West Valley which was pretty darn cool to have a concert at! The traffic was RIDICULOUS but I think the concert was worth all the waiting. :) Anyway, the two openers were about 45 minutes each and then George came out and sang for two whole hours...it was so great! He sang like 23 songs AND came back out and did 3 encore songs. How awesome is that??? It really was one of the best concerts I have ever been too!

It was pretty cool to be there too because it was the first time he's performed in Utah in the past 11 years. His band was really great, he was great, the weather was great...pretty much it was just a fantastic night! George is a wonderful performer (which seeing that he's been performing FOREVER, he's put out a cd almost every year since 1981, has OVER 50 #1 hits and is the king of country! can't get much better than that!) and I'm so glad that I got to see him live in concert! Thanks Shauna! You're the best!

(Blake Shelton)

(The King himself! George Strait!)

(Me, Shauna, and George! I was pretty proud that I got the screen in the background with this shot :)

(You gotta love the hat)

(And who doesn't love a man who can sing AND play the guitar?)

(This is part of his song "Write this down", I was trying to put up "The Fireman" but I can't find it :(

No comments: