Monday, July 6, 2009

"May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country!" --Daniel Webster--

So this week was slightly less eventful than the others. We went to work, shopped, watched movies, played games, ate food...the usual stuff I suppose :) The weekend was probably the most exciting part of the week, starting with Thursday. On Thursday, well we didn't do much til Mark got off work, but after he got home we went up to SLC (again) and went to see the new Transformer's movie at the IMAX. It was SO amazing!!! I've never been to an IMAX before so that part was amazing and then the movie was amazing too. Great fun.

Friday I had to work but Mark and Sierra went and hiked to the Y. Mark hadn't done it yet and you really have to do it once during your BYU career and Sierra was up for it so they went. I did it my Freshman year and it was tough then so I didn't think I would have to much fun hiking it and being prego. I'm glad I didn't too cuz they said it was hard and steep (I told them it was, they didn't believe me), and it was way hot. Hopefully it was somewhat fun though... :)

(Some people up on the Y decorated it with red stripes on the 4th...it doesn't show up to well in this pic but they're there!)

Saturday I only had to work a few hours because the mall closed early for the 4th (yay!!!). So we went home, had dinner, and then went up to campus to sit and wait for the Stadium of Fire fireworks to start up. We got there early (people sit out there all day to save a good spot...it's crazy...), and sat and played boggle and Phase 10 til it started. Pretty intense games I tell ya. :) The fireworks were amazing though...so freaking huge and SO loud! We were a block or so away from the stadium so we got a nice view of it all. So that was a lot of fun to go to.





Sunday was nice because we had Emma and Gary and Whit and Richie over for a little bbq. Whit brought some yummy chicken to grill up and a salad, Emma and Gary brought fruit and drinks, and then I did chips, corn on the cob (YUM!) and dessert. I made a pineapple upside down cake and it turned out SO good! It was my first time making one, I was pretty impressed with myself. So that was a lot of fun as well...I love getting together with friends! Sierra was delightfully spastic so they all got to see what a crazy child she is. :)

(I was so close in flipping this perfectly! One little piece stuck to the pan...don't worry, we didn't let it go to waste :)

Well that's pretty much all for last week. I'm not sure there will be much going on this week. Sierra leaves on Thursday and then I'll be back to being all by myself during the day :( SO sad! It's been a lot of fun having her here although it has gone by pretty darn quick! Time flies when you're having fun I guess!

1 comment:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Aww, so sad she's leaving you. People have been asking about Sierra, Sarah Rae asked me when she was coming home.