Thursday, October 1, 2009

"Relief Society is God's evidence of love for His daugthers." -Sister Barbara Thompson--

Last weekend was the Relief Society Meeting of General Conference for my church and I got to go up to the Conference Center in SLC to watch it! Mark's aunt and cousin got tickets from their ward and invited me and Amy to go with so we went! :) They got pretty awesome tickets too cuz the people in the choir were people from their ward/stake so their stake got the good tickets and they were SO good! We were only like 15 rows away from the front where the First Presidency sits, it was pretty fantastic. I've never gotten to sit so close, I didn't even have to look at the big screens, I could look straight at the podium to listen to the speaker...well except that one of the cameras was kinda in the way, but it was still cool.

(Me and Kathleen)

(Amy, me, and Kathleen)

(Me and Amy. We did get a pic with Aunt Janet but it's on Kathleen's camera)

Anyway, the meeting was really cool as well...The entire Relief Society spoke as usual, I especially liked Sister Thompson's talk, she is one of my favorites! Then President Eyring spoke and he is always amazing as well. I really, really enjoyed being there, the spirit and feeling of the whole thing is just so wonderful! And it's especially awesome to see the entire conference center (well except maybe three sections) filled with woman of the gospel, so cool! (Lots of chit chat in the beginning and end though, I tell ya! It was pretty amazing to see how ridiculously silent it got when the prophet walked in, I don't think there's really much else in the world can get that many women to be quiet all in the same instant!)

(Here's a pic of Elder Russell M. Nelson and Elder Neil Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve and Elder Bruce C. Hafen of the Seventy...sorry the pics aren't so great, my camera was being dumb that day...I'm hoping for a new one soon :)

(And here's a pic of the Relief Society Presidency)

(The First Presidency! They are all so amazing!)

(Elder Nelson and Elder Anderson with President Eyring)

So yeah, it was wonderful to be there, especially since this is pretty much the last time I get to go to the conference center for a looooonnnnggg time! So thanks again Aunt Janet! It was wonderful to hang out with the fam too...I rarely get to see Aunt Janet or Kathleen (Kathleen and I have lots of fun when we get together so I'm sad that it doesn't happen much).

Other than that this week has been pretty chill...both in that I haven't really done much and with the weather! It was really nice this weekend and on Monday/Tuesday and then yesterday it got freakishly/ridiculously cold. It stormed the night before, lots of thunder/lightening/rain and then it rained and snowed during the day (well it snowed up in the mountains anyway but still!!! It was the last day of Sept for Pete's sake! It's not supposed to snow!!!!) So yeah, it was really cold and I hated it. Luckily today isn't as bad. So fall has hit us pretty darn quick, I was hoping that last week's beautiful weather would last a bit longer! I guess I was asking a bit too much to have one beautiful/nice winter in Utah...ah wishful thinking. So here's a picture from this Sunday, me and Mark went out to a park for awhile and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine. I'm so glad we did too!

(Pretty fall colors!)

Oh and here's my most recent prego pic :)
(39 weeks)

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Lucky!

So, you working on my logo yet?