Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Courage is endurance for one moment more..."

Today I got to talk to Mark for the first time since he's been in OCS. Well I talked to him when he arrived at the airport in Rhode Island the day he left but that was before he started his training. This was the first time I spoke to him since he started his training...anyway. It was only for a couple minutes and I actually missed the first time he called cuz I left my cell at home when we went to church and that's when he called.

But he called home after church was over and it was so wonderful to hear his voice! He said it's been a hard week and he's very tired. He said most of the week was working on paperwork and then learning how to do things the military way, like the proper way to make your bed and how to eat....sounds fun doesn't it? They have to do a lot of sit ups and push ups because they aren't doing it "right" yet but we knew that would happen. He's been doing push-ups and sit-ups pretty much everyday for a loooong time to get prepared for this. That's pretty much all he told me though, he said he might possibly get to email me this week but who knows. They're pretty darn strict, especially the first couple weeks of training. But we've got one week down, only 11 to go!

Here's some pics of Evelyn from this week.


(Her last picture with Daddy before he left!)

(She uses her WHOLE face when she smiles, it's adorable!)

(she's been falling asleep more on her own now during the day, sooo nice!)

(Having fun with tummy time!)

(and of course loving bath time!)

(I do love a fresh clean yummy smelling baby! and this was just too cute!)

(Lately she's been liking to sit up in the chairs and I thought this was a funny pic...couch potato in the making right here! she really watches the tv when it's on though, so funny! She even laughs sometimes with the laugh-tracks).

(Ready for church!)

No comments: