Friday, January 22, 2010

"A man finds out what is meant by spitting image when he tries to feed cereal to his infant." --Imogene Fey--

Lately Evelyn has been eating quite a bit more than before so I figured she was either going through a nice little growth spurt or wasn't getting filled up by eating only milk or a combo of the two. So a few days ago I bought some baby rice cereal and fed her her first bowl of cereal (much milked down of course)!

She was a bit fussy when I started because I had to make the cereal (she was hungry and I left her in her seat to make it...she's becoming very much a momma's girl with Mark gone and me being the primary person with her allll day long)so it took longer to get her some food so in this first pic she's a bit teary-eyed...sad little thing!



As soon as she figured out I was feeding her something new and that she liked it she pepped up pretty quick. She was very interested in this new concoction I was giving her :) Look at those big eyes!



This being her first time eating off a spoon though, she didn't quite know what to do and kept putting her fists in her mouth in between bites. I had to kinda hold the spoon so she could suck on it and eat that way.



Overall though she did pretty good for the first time with cereal and eating with a spoon. She's gotten better over the past couple days and gets pretty excited when I bring the bowl over and start feeding her. She sits there with her mouth wiiiiide open in between bites and she laughs and smiles and is just so happy! It's so freaking cute. She's a messy eater though (just like her daddy :)and I totally forgot to put a bib on her for the first time. Luckily she didn't get too much on her clothes, just all over her face!

No comments: