Thursday, January 7, 2010

"Christmas is a time of joy, A time for love and cheer, A time for making memories, To last throughout the year."

For Christmas Eve this year we did something Momma named "Camp Christmas". It was just all us Fredrick family, minus the Bidia's because they went to California for Christmas and the New Year, lukcy them!!! Anyway, we had appetizers for food with homemade root beer which was soooo good!!! Then for activities each family decorated a "gingerbread" house (which were actually made of graham crackers) which was fun. Ours turned out pretty cute I thought, but the best was Momma's. She made her house into a church and had a little nativity scene outside of it...very cute!

(Evie's First Christmas!)

(The homemade root beer)


(Momma's Church)

(Our Gingerbread house)

After that we played Christmas Movie Charades and then after that each family had to do a little skit or something Christmas related. It was pretty fun and very entertaining, especially the Charades. We had some pretty creative ones and then some not so creative ones. We ended the evening with the kid's gift exchange and Christmas songs around the "campfire" (which was a cast iron pot filled with lit candles). Very festive. :)

(Sierra's Charade- Her movie was "The Grinch" so she was walking like the Grinch, pretty funny)

(The boys opening their presents)

(Our campfire!)

Christmas Day was my favorite, mainly because it starts out with fried bread! YUM! I made the dough again this year and we had regular and pumpkin. The pumpkin was especially delicious. That's pretty much my favorite family tradition. It snowed all Christmas Eve night so we had a white Christmas. Since it snowed everyone just stayed over at Grammy's all day.





So after fried bread we all just hung out and the kids set up the Wii and played games for most of the morning/early afternoon. It was pretty darn funny to watch too. They had a "Dancing with the Stars" game and it was soooo funny! Grammy even got up and "danced" to it. Then we played "Rock Band" and "Mario Kart", which is my all time favorite game.

Playing Dancing With the Stars





In the afternoon Aunt Kim and her fam came and we had our Christmas Day dinner, which was delicious as always. Then we had the adult gift exchange and hung out again. So that's pretty much the run down for Christmas at the Fredrick's :) I'm just so glad we were here for it! I love being with my family!




Sorry it took so long to post all this, I haven't been feeling very creative writing-wise, I've been using all my creativeness in my scrapbook pages I've been working on and boy do they look good! :) I discovered the wonderfulness of a Cricut (it's a scrapbook machine where you can cut out things for your pages, it's ammmmmaaaazing!!!). It's my sister's but I'm borrowing it and now I want one. It's so much fun! So that's whats been taking up my time lately, besides Evelyn of course :) I'll post more later!

No comments: