Sunday, July 18, 2010

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. --Walt Disney--

I actually don't know where to begin with this post because there is just so much to go over! I just might have to split it into two blogs...I'll just have to see how far I make it before getting too sleepy to finish :)

Ok...Friday morning Evelyn and I packed up and drove down to Anaheim again, to meet Denise and her fam again and go to Disneyland! We got there and wondered around a bit and looked at things until everyone else got there and then spent the rest of the day with them. Evelyn enjoyed seeing all the little girls and even enjoyed a couple rides we went on.

The first ride I took Evelyn on was the Jungle Cruise, which was just a little trip around a river with some "animals" and such to see (none of them were real). It was nice and relaxing and not too scary for Evelyn and the younger girls.



Don't they look excited?

The next ride we went on was Pirates of the Caribbean! Evelyn was actually asleep when we first got on but after the two initial drops woke up. She didn't cry or anything, which was good, but got a little scared at a couple parts and just buried her head in my shoulder and tensed up. She really didn't like this one part where the boat passed through a "waterfall" with Davie Jone's head talking on it. It was really just a foggy mist thing, but she really did not want to go through it! Kinda funny though...

(The scary mist :)

We didn't meet as many characters that day but we did go meet Jasmine and Aladdin and saw Princess Tiana do a little show in the New Orleans area which was fun. The girls were all excited to see them which was fun to watch. Although at Disneyland it's not only the kids that get excited to see different characters and stuff, which just makes everything so much more wonderful and magical!

Princess Tiana

Aladdin and Jasmine!

So cute!

I didn't get to meet Mary Poppins but we saw her walking around Town Square when we were taking a break.

After awhile Denise and the little kids went off to the kiddie rides and I went with some of the "big" kids to ride some big kids rides. Disney has a "rider swap" pass for people with little kids that can't go on the rides so they all went through the line and after they got off me and one of them went right back on and rode it. So great! We went on "Star Tours" which was Star Wars of course and was pretty fun. It was a kind of a virtual ride and made me kinda woozy when I got off but still fun!

Then the next, and last ride of the day for me, was Space Mountain, which was AWESOME!!! I've always wanted to go on a ride where it was pitch black and you couldn't tell what was coming up and this was a fulfillment of that dream! Well it wasn't all black cuz there were "stars" and such but that was cool too. It is now in my top five favorite roller coasters though. So fun!!!

After that it was getting a bit later so Evelyn and I left and went to check in our hotel, shower and cool down (it was RIDICULOUSLY hot and I just felt disgusting and sweaty by the time we left), and then went to pick up Mark. He had class on Friday so he took the Amtrak down to Anaheim and we picked him up. He said riding Amtrak was a lot better than taking a bus and was actually a cool way to travel. I've never been on Amtrak but have been on trains so I believe him :)

Anywho...that pretty much sums up all of Friday. It was a lot of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to the magical World of Disney! I very much look forward to taking Evelyn when she is bigger and can enjoy it as well and remember it. Here's some pics of her though so she can look back and see how cute she was! :)

Her tooth! :)

Despite how hot it was, Evelyn HAD to have her blankie with her to sleep and of course her blankie of choice is the really warm fuzzy one. Luckily she can get by with just a corner to hold in her hands!

1 comment:

Mom Erwin said...

It is good to keep up with you via your blog. We will be interested in seeing your new assignment.