Tuesday, July 6, 2010

“The main problem with teenagers is that they're just like their parents were at their age”

Boy did Carmen's visit fly by! She left Saturday and it's already Tuesday...I seriously don't know where time is going this summer but it's goin' fast! May and June are gone and soon so will July and we'll be gone as well! Only 3 1/2 more weeks in Cali and we have quite a bit to do so I'm afraid it's gonna be over way too soon! I'm sure I'll gone on about this when it gets even closer to leaving so I'll stop now and finish up Carmen's visit.

We went to the beach one more time before Carmen left...this time one in Malibu called Zuma beach, which is about 3o minutes away. It's a nice big, long beach and it was a beautiful day to go! Carmen and I went in the water again but didn't stay long cuz the waves were SO strong! Carmen was a bit scared and got out quicker than I did. We both kept getting knocked over and getting pulled and pushed and it was crazy! It was the strongest beach I've been to here. Mark got in the water too but mostly spent his time on the beach with Evelyn doing this....

As my previous post showed, Evelyn loves to crawl in the sand so Mark put a stop to it by building that pit, or his playard in the sand as he called it. It was so funny to watch her try to get out! She couldn't quite make it though, despite how determined she was...and boy is she determined when she gets something in her head! I don't know what I'm gonna do with that girl when she gets older...
(Evelyn finally got out of her hole and was determined to help daddy dig a tunnel...that is til she fell in it! oops... :)

Anywho....the best part of the day was that we saw dolphins! They were pretty close to the shore and were just cruising along. It was so neat! Now I just want to see a whale and I'll be set!


(There were two of them but I only got one in the pics)

Another thing we did before Carmen left was go mini-golfing. There's a place off the highway that Mark has been wanting to go so we finally did. It was pretty fun too! Carmen said she'd only been once before but she ended up beating me so she didn't do that bad. The part I liked best though was the actual course...it was so pretty! It was the prettiest mini-golf course I've ever seen and pretty well kept too. There were lots of waterfalls and plants and flowers and trees and it was just very nice.


The very last thing I did with Carmen was go see Eclipse! She's been very excited to see it so we went to the IMAX here, which was very cool. The movie was pretty good too! :)


We had so much fun with Carmen here! She was so helpful with Evelyn, which was great, and she was fun to be with and entertaining :) But now she's back home and Evelyn and I are all alone again during the day and we miss our "nanny"! We've made friends with the other wives/kids here though so we usually see one or two of them during the day and then we do have some fun plans coming up...including a trip to Disneyland!!! So get excited for that cuz I know I am!!!!

No comments: