Sunday, May 15, 2011

"I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them."

Luckily for me Evelyn is a pretty wonderful traveler. Half the time she slept on the plane and the other half I kept her distracted with books, coloring, stickers, and Toy Story. :) We had a looong nearly three week vacation and I can’t believe it’s all over! I had a wonderful wonderful time visiting family and friends in California and Utah. The first place we went was up to Northern Cali to see Auntie Annie and the Bidia family. We were only there for a couple days but it was fun to be with them and see the new area they live in! Emily and Jeremiah came out with me and Evelyn so of course we ended up doing some thrift store shopping. Emily was in heaven. :) There were some good thrift stores though and I got some cute shirts :) We also got some yummy burritos from the taco wagon down the street and hit up Target (I went to Target SOOO many times during my trip! I love that store!)

Anywho…on Friday we went down to Santa Rosa with the Bidia’s to spend Easter weekend with the rest of the Bidia familia. Along the way we stopped at a yummy gourmet cupcake shop, per Emily’s request. It was one that had won one of the competitions on a show called cupcake wars and boy were they good!!! They also had these whoopie pies that were AMAZING!

So we got to the Bidia’s but I actually spent Saturday with my Santa Rosa family, mostly Terry and Auntie Mona. We went to see Auntie Pat, who was in the hospital L. We went up and saw her pretty much every day we were in Santa Rosa. Being in the hospital sucks and visitors are always a happy distraction so we were glad to help :) Evelyn took a little bit of time warming up to everybody but eventually was fine. She got better and better throughout the whole trip which was good. Saturday night we went out for pizza with Aunt Mary, Aunt Beth, and Uncle Mark from dad’s side of the fam. They were the only ones from that side we saw but it was good to see them.

Sunday was Easter of course, which we spent with the Bidia’s mainly (we went and saw Aunt Pat that night again). They made a yummy Easter lunch, where I filled up on my favorite California product…sourdough/French bread! YUMMMMM! Then we had a little Easter egg hunt with the little kids and I also took some pics of Evelyn and Jeremiah in the vineyard which turned out SO cute! Evelyn was being a bit grumpy so I only got like two pics of her smiling but they still turned out cute. Jeremiah hammed it up though, he loved having his picture taken!






That night though the Bidia’s had to go home so we said goodbye and I stayed at Aunt Pat’s house with Auntie Mona and spent time with them for the next couple of days. I was so glad that my visit coincided with Auntie Mona’s visit, I hadn’t seen her in years so it was wonderful to see her! So we spent most of our time with Mona, Terry, Mitch, Marcus, Katherine, and we’d go see Aunt Pat every day. They all loooved Evelyn, which who could blame them. One night they sat and watched her for at least an hour, she had a ball and would through it to different people and was being very silly and VERY cute :).






We left Santa Rosa on Wednesday. Auntie Katherine graciously offered to drive us to San Ramon cuz the car rental was going to be ridiculous priced. But that was great cuz we got more bonding time with her and since we rarely see any of the Santa Rosa fam, all the extra time together was great! So overall that part of our trip was wonderful and fun and amazing :) I miss all my Cali fam and am so glad we got to see them! I have more pics I want to post but it isn't letting me upload any more than this right now so I'll try posting them later. Happy Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

Mom Erwin said...

Evelyn is looking so much more grown-up and as cute as ever. Stay safe and happy. Great Grandma Erwin (Elder and Sister Erwin)