Sunday, May 15, 2011

"It isn't how much time you spend somewhere that makes it memorable: it's how you spend the time."

The second half of our California part of the trip was spent in the bay area. We spent a few hours that Wednesday we left Santa Rosa with a Missouri friend of mine, Jana, who had recently moved there. She has the cutest little 8 month old daughter, Allie, who was pretty much afraid of Evelyn. I guess Evelyn can be kind of upfront and intimidating to a wee one like that, as well as to kids her own age J silly girl…..anyway. It was fun to visit them and enjoy a few hours together. I don’t see her much, just keep up with blogs and facebook.

After that we headed over to my Aunt Denise’s house where we spent a few days visiting with Grandma Rose, Aunt Denise, Uncle Daniel, their two girls, Sydney and Raven, and then Michael came up to visit us as well. Evelyn didn’t have any trouble adjusting here. As soon as she saw the girls she was up and running and playing and was so happy. They loved Evelyn and were so glad that she was more mobile this visit! Last time we saw them was last July and Evelyn was just crawling.

So Evelyn spent her time playing with the girls and I got to spend time with Denise and Grandma Rose, which was wonderful. We didn’t do much except hang out and talk and such like that, which was perfectly fine with me. It was nice to sit and relax and enjoy good company, while Evelyn was distracted and playing with the girls, before we headed off to our next slightly more chaotic part of the trip, Utah. But that’s for later. Then Michael came up Friday and Evelyn had some of her time split between the girls and him. He and Terrie got Evelyn an Easter basket full of little goodies so she enjoyed opening that, eating candy, and playing with toys. She was also excited to find someone new to blow bubbles with. She’s not very good at making the bubbles yet so I have to do them, which gets kinda old fast. Thank goodness for grandparents, right? J

I don’t have much else to say right now I guess…this weekend has been busy and I’m kinda worn out and too tired to go into much detail. But I did love seeing the rest of my California family and visiting them in beautiful San Ramon. So thanks again guys! I miss you a lot!

Raven, Evelyn and Sydney....these girls are so cute and so fun!

One day Sydney dressed up in her princess costume so Evelyn started to take off her clothes cuz she wanted to dress up too. Luckily they had a dress that fit her and she proudly pranced around in it for quite awhile! She would spin in it and dance and it was adorable. Looks like I have a new sewing project up ahead! Also means more fabric shopping.....darn! :)

Now that is one bratty little princess face!

And the next minute, cute as a button!
Sydney and Raven are starting to do some modeling/acting so I took a couple head shots while I was there. Such a beautiful little girl!


Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles!
Aw, so cute!

Opening her Easter Basket, oooo! :)

1 comment:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

The girls are so cute! They've gotten big. I'm glad Ebers got along with all of them.