Friday, November 9, 2012

"So dull and dark are the November days. The lazy mist high up the evening curled, And now the morn quite hides in smoke and haze; The place we occupy seems all the world." - John Clare, November

Can you believe it's November already??? Seems so crazy that just a year ago I was headed back to Mississippi and Mark was still on deployment....seems so much longer than a year!!!

Anywho....I've got some catching up to do :)

Not long after my last post I took the two kiddos for check ups! Evelyn needed one for preschool and Andrew needed his 2 month so they scheduled them on the same day, which was nice, especially since I spent over an hour in the stupid waiting room for the appointment to even start! So glad I didn't have to do that twice!! It was so frustrating...

Anyway...Evelyn and Andrew are both healthy, happy kiddos! Evelyn is still 31 lbs, which I swear she's been for forever, and is 3ft 3in tall. She was a little taken aback by the doctor though. He's a spunky older guy and very energetic so she didn't know how to handle his enthusiasm :) Andrew on the other hand loved him! The doc was talking to him and Andrew was very entertained by him and was talking back and wigglin' and talking :) Andrew is a whoppin' 14lbs 13oz (well as of the 26th...he's more now I'm sure!) and is 25in. long. He's getting so big so fast! I've had to start putting size 6 month jammies on him cuz he's getting too tall for his other ones! He's even started rolling over more, which I caught on video! which of course I can't put on here but it's on facebook! :)

I guess the only thing really to talk about is Halloween! Evelyn was able to wear her costume to preschool one day, gymnastics another, storytime on Halloween and of course Halloween night! She wanted to be Merida from Brave so I revamped the Merida dress I had made before, made a cloak, and a bow & arrow bag for her treats. I thought it turned out pretty darn cute! Monie made Andrew a bear hat and mittens so he was one of the brother bears off of Brave and I made a quick headband with bear ears and then put a crown on it and was the Momma bear :) I didn't get a pic with me though. We had fun trick or treating around the neighborhood though with our friends. Evelyn was super excited/hyper about the whole thing, it was pretty funny.

my baby bear!

and my beautiful Merida! :)



Evelyn and her best friend Maddie

Evelyn wasn't too happy about Maddie always running ahead of her though

but how cute is this? :)

EXCITEMENT! :)

Evelyn also liked handing out candy at our house 

Mark and I did get to carve pumpkins this year! I even roasted some pumpkin seeds from them!



and I made some apple butter another day :)


No comments: