Wednesday, October 24, 2012

{Evelyn} 3 years old

I realized today I didn't do an "about Evelyn" post for her 3rd birthday! I've been trying to keep track a list in my head but we'll see how much I can remember....

Let's see...well Evelyn is still very much...Evelyn! :) She's loud, crazy, funny, a bit dramatic...well more than a bit :)...she's such a smarty pants and remembers things SO well! I'm amazed at what she remembers sometimes. Like, we'll be talking about something we've seen before and she'll remember colors and places and things I don't always remember...like next to her gymnastics place is a dance studio and there's a ballet outfit in the window and it's partly green and she was telling me later about the green dress and I couldn't even remember what color it was :) She's a super observant girl! It's funny though...anything that happened in the past, whether it be yesterday or 2 months ago is "yesterday" to her...and then anything in the future..tomorrow or a month or a week is "3 weeks". Don't know why she says that but it's funny :)

She loves to color still, loves puzzles and is getting so good at them, she loves to ride her bike and we've been going on lots of bike rides. She loves to read and loves look and find books. We go to story time at Barnes and Noble almost every week which is fun. They have little songs they sing, then they read a couple books, and then have a color/activity page to go along with one of the books.  She loves Minnie and Daisy right now and pink and purple. She also loves Doc McStuffins, a cute little doctor cartoon on Disney. She got a doctor play kit with some of her birthday money and has been loving that. I made her a doctor coat last night out of a white button up shirt but this morning wasn't too happy with it...she wanted the one she saw at the store. We'll see if she likes it after nap :)

As of lately she hasn't been taking many naps....I started having her just do quiet time-reading books in her home or playing quiet games in her room- but most of the time she still falls asleep so I know she still kinda needs naps but 90% of the time she has been waking up SO cranky and SO inconsolably whiny that I stopped making her take them. So for now it's quiet time/sometimes naps :)

Almost everyday she wants to "go to someone's house", which we only really go to Gwyn's and sometimes our neighbor so I know she just wants to go play with the kids. Unfortunately two of her friends go to Kindergarten now and can't play as much anymore so I'm super glad she started her 2 day a week preschool. It's funny though cuz she'll beg and ask to go play allllll daaay long and as soon as we get our kids she kinda retreats. At the park she'd rather play on the swing by herself or she'll just kinda play quietly. At gymnastics she listens really well and does what she's supposed to, which is good, but then doesn't interact with the other kiddos much. The other day they were all waiting in line, taking turns on the trampoline, and she sat in line like a good girl but kept letting the other kids in front of her cuz she wouldn't move up. Then for preschool I ask her who she played with and she keeps saying she plays by herself...don't know if she really does or not but anyway...silly little thing. I guess she's fine though! She plays really well with her friend Veronika and her other friends, although her friend Maddie is a little older and tends to "mess" with Evelyn...like they'll be playing outside and Maddie will start to ignore or run away from Evelyn, which Evelyn doesn't quite understand and gets upset. So anyway...there's Evelyn's social sum up :) I'm hoping preschool will help her out with out to interact with other kids she doesn't know so well. She still won't tell me much about preschool though. I'll ask her questions and she'll be like, I don't know, I don't remember. Whatever you don't! :)

Let's see...what else...I'm having a hard time right now...I tried to take a nap but it just made me sleepier so the two kiddos are sleeping and I'm trying to get out of my tired slump and remember what I wanted to write :) Anyway....Evelyn's a very good helper...she loves to help me bake or with dinner. She's very helpful with me and Andrew. Today he was on his play mat and was starting to fuss so she came over and was like, "the baby is crying. I gave him three kisses on the head but they didn't help so you need to get him now." So cute! :) She does love her baby brother which I love seeing. She definitely is a daddy's girl though and adores her daddy :) They have lots of fun together and I love seeing that as well. Every day she wakes up, comes in my room and asks, where's daddy? :) I'm so glad/grateful she has such a wonderful dad. She is learning though that she does not get 100% of his time anymore, with Andrew and all, which is good though.

well I'm actually stumped right now of what else to say...I'm gonna take a break and finish later... ;)

and I'm back! a few days later... :) whoops. I got busy and then forgot to finish but now I'm finishing. I've written a few things down though that I wanted to put in here....

I know I've said this before but she's still doing it....she insists on being called Evelyn still. She just does not want to be called anything else or any nicknames or anything! Lately she's been telling us that we're the "best mommy/daddy" in the whole world (I know, super cute :), and I'll reply that she's the best Evelyn in the whole world and she's like, no. I'm just Evelyn. Then when Grammy was here for Andrew's birth, Evelyn got called lots of little nicknames cuz that's what Grammy does for pretty much all the grand-kiddos...and Evelyn was kind of ok with it but still didn't love it. Even after Grammy left, I'd call Evelyn something or say something and she'd be like, Grammy calls me that. SO apparently Grammy can call her nicknames but I can't. Silly silly little thing...

Despite Evelyn's observant nature, she's surprisingly ditzy/clutzy. It's kinda funny though. She'll just be walking along but can't keep herself concentrated on the task and instead gets to talking or distracted by something else and tends to not watch where she's going and 90% of the time runs into something. And this happens alll the time, every day. She's always running to me to tell me she has an owie cuz she's run into something again...it's pretty crazy.

She is getting more interested in music and will sing songs she knows more often than she did before. She calls everything a girl...any animal she sees or if you refer to anything/any object/etc as a male she always corrects you and says its a girl. All her toys are girls too. She's liking dancing more too but will only dance to "girl" music, so if a boy song comes on she asks me to change it. :) She calls any restaurant a "dinner house" and wants to go to the "dinner house" all the time. She loves movies/tv shows and her favs are "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse", "Doc McStuffins", "Strawberry Shortcake", "My Little Pony", and right now the movie of the week is "Monsters, Inc.". She still loves princesses too and is starting to like Tinker Bell as well. Yesterday she wanted to go visit "Pixie Hollow" to see the fairies and I was like, what? She's never even watched Tinker Bell but knows she lives in Pixie Hollow...she does have a read along book/cd so I guess she picked it up there. When she plays princesses she has Mark be the prince, more specifically now- Prince Charming. :) She does not like dogs and is scared of any we come across. She won't go into her best friend Maddie's house until she knows the dogs are put up (they are pretty jumpy/excitable).

Right now she's being a difficult eater...she's not necessarily picky....she just doesn't eat much. She's doing excellent with going on the potty and hardly has any accidents anymore, although she did have one the other night in her bed. But that's pretty rare now, thank goodness! So glad potty training is over! She's going through that girl stage of only wanting to wear dresses, which is getting a bit old....sometimes I can get her to wear a different outfit for the beginning of the day but once we are home/not doing anything she goes and changes. She's a pretty independent little thing, which partly is the age/stage she's in. She gets dressed by herself most of the time, puts her shoes on, goes potty by herself, she used to buckle herself in the car but then we got a different car seat and she hasn't learned to buckle the real seat belt yet. She can open the car door though! She helps me a lot and loves to help me bake/cook.

Soooo....I think that's all I can ramble on about Evelyn! She's an amazing, wonderful, funny, amazing, crazy little thing and I love her! :) Here's some pics of my beautiful girl!

Playing doctor!

Playing doctor again...this time with her dr. coat I made her. She didn't like it at first but is liking it a little better now :)

Puzzle time! She got some harder ones for her birthday that we're starting to work on cuz she's got this one down pretty good.

It was hat day at school this week so she decided to wear her cowgirl hat and outfit :)

waking up to my two babies! She's so funny though...she won't make a peep at all anymore when she wakes up...instead she comes and sits outside my door til I open it...silly thing :)

helping me paint for my current project! :)

one day she opened the door by herself and I was like, how'd you do that? this is how she does it :)

1 comment:

Mom Erwin said...

All our families are so blessed to have sweet, bright little children and we are so grateful for each one. They have so much to contribute to the world! We send our love.