Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Springtime in Spain!

As my per usual start to my blogs, I do apologize for the length of time it has been since I've last posted :) I honestly don't know where to start since it's been so long. It's been a super busy springtime but we've had a lot of fun, gone to some beautiful places, spending lots of time with friends, and are absolutely loving our time here in Spain! The kids are doing really great in school. Only 2 weeks left til the last day and they are so ready! They are getting so big and learning so much. I'm so glad they've got this opportunity to go to school out in town. They have wonderful teachers, the people are great, and I love hearing them speak in Spanish! They still don't speak too much at home but I love hearing them when they do. Even little Lizzie is throwing some words into her vocabulary. Evelyn has been enjoying her dance classes, even got to perform once! :) I absolutely love the Spanish dancing.

Here's some shots of the kids after a rainy day ;)










Except for a couple weeks in the beginning of May where it rained non stop, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous here! Gorgeous sunlight, wildflowers blooming, sunflowers blooming, beautiful blue ocean, and blue skies. I love it! There are some days I just want to drop everything and drive around taking pictures. :) (which a couple days I did ;) I had to get to know my new camera! ;) ;) ;) )

Here's some of my favorite shots!!!











Easter weekend we got to get out and explore a little bit. We did the whole "easter egg" dyeing at home and had Easter dinner at a friends house. But then another day that weekend we went on a little drive to Zahara and Setenil. Zahara is a white village up on a hill next to a lake and it's BEAUTIFUL! We hiked around the village a little and up to the abandoned castle. It was a great outing for us- got to see something new and the kids liked hiking around, enjoying the beautiful weather.

When we were done in Zahara we drove a short way to Setenil....although we didn't spend too much time there. It was busy for Easter and then the kids were tired. It was a cool little town though, another white village but some of the houses were built into the cliffs/rocks.










Zahara



















Setenil





Easter Sunday











Of course the best part of Springtime here in Spain is Feria! We did the same things as last year and went to Mark's work gathering at the Rota Feria (food, friends, flamenco dancers and music...it was awesome!). Then we walked around the rides and such with the kiddos. This year I got Andrew a cute little Spanish outfit...they all looked so darn cute! I love the Feria dresses :)










I LOVE PAELLA! 























Another weekend I went with a big group of friends for the Jerez Feria (a town just 20 minutes away). It was a much bigger Feria than Rota and it was SO cool! We didn't stay long enough at Rota to see all the lights on (we left pretty late...close to 9 but it was still too light out to turn the lights on). But at Jerez we went late and stayed out suppeerrr late so we got to see the lights...they were so gorgeous!!! We didn't do a whole lot- just walked around, went into a couple casetas for drinks and food (so yummy), got buneulos (YUMMY), walked around some more, then some people went to the casetas with dancing and me and my friend Amy left ;)




this group of ladies came up after us and wanted pictures with all of us in our dresses :) 











The rest of the spring was spent with school, enjoying the great weather, going to the beach, spending time with friends, and enjoying Spain! :)

Oh yeah- Mark and I went to the Seabee Ball in March! :) 



this was at the kids school- a little parade they do during Easter week....totally blanking on the name of it right now though :) 



Zahara from afar

Setenil






























No comments: