Thursday, June 12, 2008

Small Illinois town is overrun by a mob of Missourians...again

Now that Sarah is gone I can catch up with the previous month...which might take a couple blogs or so.... :) so here goes!

Well, to start off I guess I'll begin with all the traveling. My dear roomies came out to Missouri with me to be at the wedding and to help me from going insane. They did a marvelous job and were such a HUGE help to me and my fam! I hope they enjoyed themselves a little bit....or at least were entertained a bit by my crazy family :) Who wouldn't though? We are DARN funny! My dad is ridiculously hilarious and crazy and is too hard to explain sometimes...you just have to meet him yourself to find out. Anyway, I'm not going to go through all my family cuz there's way too many...but I'll just say we're funny and my roommates had many the opportunity to have a good laugh during their visit. Anyway- we spent most of the day traveling and we were so tired cuz we stayed up late the night before playing Mario-Kart...those two things just do not mix. Traveling is so tiring anyway, so it's not smart to begin it with little sleep in the first place, but Mario-Kart is so fun! :) (It's the only video game I like to play...everything else is stupid).

So we finally made it to MO, which I was super excited about. One of my roomies, Whit, is from Arkansas so she is used to the humidity that is so plentiful in Missouri, my other roomie, Maria, was born and raised in Utah and has nice, long, THICK, curly hair and absolutely hated the humidity. Whit and I were excited the moment we got out of the airplane and Maria was complaining she couldn't breathe...poor thing! Now she knows how we feel in UT with its disgusting, awful dryness...this was the least of her worries though...a few hours away was an extremely excited 14 year-old girl who absolutely adores Maria, despite the fact that she had never met her in her life. Maria had the lovely privilege of riding all the way to and from Nauvoo with Sierra in the same car, which was SO funny! She also got to spend almost an entire day with her because Sierra stayed with them in their hotel the Friday I was married...I was laughing inside quite a bit imagining how fun that would be for them...it really wasn't too bad though, Sierra's a great girl and SO freaking cute! She can do her hair in the cutest ways that I could never ever do with my own...she was even giving my older sister (who is a hairdresser) tips on how to do my hair for the wedding! She's just amazing at everything she does. She was a tad bit hyper on the way home from Nauvoo though and I think Maria and Whit were about to throw her out of the car. She was crammed in the middle of the two (there's not much room back there as you can see) and she was just going crazy. Then she wanted to cuddle with them but they were NOT about to let that happen...especially Maria...she's most definitely not the cuddly type. Me and Mark were cracking up in the front seat. It was great and such a memorable moment of our wedding weekend! :)

To go on though, we all got to Nauvoo just fine and Maria and I went to the temple for a bit before going to my Aunt Ramona's for dinner, which was delicious. The best part though was that we all just sat out on the porch talking and singing together. It was so great. My aunt lives on the Mississippi River and it was just so perfect and gorgeous and all my sisters and everyone was there and we just sat there singing all the old family songs we always sing and it was the greatest thing ever. I love my family so much! They are so amazing and talented! It really was just the perfect night to spend with them before the actual wedding.

So that was all Wednesday when we drove up and got to Nauvoo. Thursday was an amazing day too though. My oldest sister Melissa decided to go through the Temple for the first time, the last of us sisters to do so, and it was just a fantastic experience for our family! My parents and all my sisters were together in the temple and it was just simply one of the most special moments we've had together. It not only made that day special but the next as well because I got to have all 5 of my sisters in the Temple with me for my wedding, which made me SO happy! There really weren't that many people in the temple with us, just our parents, siblings, and aunts and uncles, but I'm just so happy that my sisters were there with me!
Anywho, I'll get to the wedding day the next time I post. I still have to finish up Thursday.

So Thursday night we kinda had a pre-wedding dinner thing at the Adventure Zone. We just had pizza and talked and the kids played and THEN we rode the go-karts. Now THAT was SO much fun! The first round it was mostly us young adults, me, Maria, Whit, Sierra, Mark, his sister, her boyfriend, and then my little 4 year old nephew rode with my hubby in his car. I love go-karts though! It was so much fun! The second round was pretty darn funny though, my dad and Mark's dad were both out there along with my aunt, my sister, my little niece, my hubby's sister and their niece, and their cousin and uncle, and it was just so funny! My dad is SO competitive! He was having way too much fun out there just bugging everybody, blocking them, getting them turned around...it was great! He was whoopin' and hollerin' the whole time and it was just too funny. He tried to race my hubby's dad one time but he was just cruisin' along enjoying the ride and wouldn't race my dad.

It was such a great time though and so much fun for us to just hang with our family and friends the night before my wedding and enjoy being together and get to know each other since a lot of us were just meeting each other for the first time. After we were done there though my family went to my aunt's again to relax and sing again so that was fun too. When we got back from there most everybody went to bed but Maria, Whit, and I stayed up eating junk food, drinking Dr. Pepper, and talking. Maria was so hyper and it was really funny cuz she's usually not the hyper type. It was a perfect way to spend our last night together as single girls and the last we'd all three really have together, very sad I know, but we're all moving on to different things now- Whit's engaged and Maria's going on a mission so we won't really have time to do anything like that again. It was fun though, although we were all SO tired the next day cuz we stayed up too late! They were such great roommates and friends and I couldn't ask for anyone better!















No comments: