Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Two young adults wreck havic on local shopping scene: no casualties or damage have been reported as of yet.

So this weekend was quite fabulous. Sarah and I had a fabulous time hanging out, watching movies, shopping, and, of course, eating! Sarah has been on a boat for 5 weeks and therefore has had no contact with any yummy foods, and we like our food so the very first thing we did was eat at Cafe Rio. Cafe Rio is simply superb and quite delicious!!! She was so excited and happy to eat real food! What a better way to start than with Cafe Rio? There's really nothing else that can compare!

Anywho- the real fun started Monday where we spent half the day at the mall where we had fun buying clothes and trying not to spend more money than we had. Sarah got a HUGE free duffel bag at Victoria Secret which she is very pleased with. Seriously...look at it! It's awesome! She also got these AMAZING shoes at Forever 21 which she proceeded to wear right away and got a huge blister on her foot after 5 minutes...not so smart but they were so cute!



After we were done with the mall we decided to take a break and drive up to Ikea to begin shopping all over again! Except this time it was way more fun. We spent a lot of time in the showroom exclaiming over how CUTE things were...we basically said it about everything cuz everything is CUTE! We had some fun taking pictures too, although I'm not too sure if it's allowed but we didn't get caught so all is well!




Sarah fell in love with this round bed and almost went home with it. She wouldn’t get off it for like 10 minutes but I finally made her and we continued on our wonderful journey through Ikea. When we finally made it through the showroom we went downstairs to the market room where I almost got into trouble cuz there were so many things I wanted to buy! We made it through though without too much of a dent in my bank account :)




Now I’m sure you are thinking this day couldn’t get ANY better than all that but I’m here to tell you that it did. Unbelievable, I know, but we did it. First of all we were driving along and noticed the hot light was on at Krispy Kreme so of course we had to make a quick stop there for a quick snack. Then we continued on to a bridal store where Sarah took my ring and pretended she was engaged and tried on gorgeous wedding dresses. It was quite fun although I think the consultant ladies knew something was up cuz they weren’t too nice to us. When we told my hubby what we were up to he just shook his head and laughed at us. He didn't understand at all why girls like to go try on dresses that we'll never get but he just doesn't know how much fun it is! Really, it is... I don't think I'll ever get tired of doing that.



Well we finally made it out of all the stores and went back home where we went out to dinner (with my hubby…it was our one month anniversary…we had to do something) and got some yummy, yummy pizza. The best part was that there was a balloon animal maker person who could make some really cool things. Sarah got a koala in a tree and I got Cinderella. She really was amazing though!


After all that eating though we felt kinda gross and lazy so we went on a walk up to the duck pond on campus to try and feed the ducks and take more pictures of course :) . Sarah got fed up with the ducks though because they wouldn’t eat out of her hand so we left them and just walked around campus instead.

Today we’ve been kinda lazy after all the excitement of the weekend so we had lunch and have been sitting around talking and watching T.V. and movies…ridiculous I know but it’s a tradition of things Sarah and I do so we had to do it at one point in our long weekend. My hubby joined us this time though since it was his day off but I think he was ok with it, except now we're kinda sick of that too and just feel ultra lazy and bored so I think we're going to find something fun to do! Sarah is leaving me tonight so we have to go out with a bang...or at least something better than sitting around watching old re-runs.... :)

3 comments:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

I miss IKEA! {sob}

Tara said...

haha! It is pretty much the coolest store ever! I'm going to miss it when I leave Utah though... :( Hopefully wherever we end up going will be somewhere close to one!

Sarah Gwyneth said...

TARA!!!! I am rereading your blog posts and they are making me laugh....OUT LOUD!!! Haha!! That weekend in Utah was really the best! Just the best! I
I wanted to leave a comment on your newest one about all the fun we had the last two weeks but it won't let me :( I am sooo glad we have all this time together and are actually able to get together! We are the best of friends and I am looking forward to many more food-filled weekends, bestie photo shoots, and most of all SHOPPING with you! Love you Tara!