Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.


Today was both an exciting happy day and also a rather sad one. One of my best friends and old roomie went into the Missionary Training Center (MTC) to begin her mission for our church. She will be gone for 1 1/2 years and is headed for Kiev, Ukraine. She has to spend the first 12 weeks in the MTC though here in Provo, UT, which is just a couple miles away from my apartment and is going to really stink being so close to her and not being able to see her. Of course Whit, Maria, and I have made lots of jokes and such about how we're going to break in and see her or "accidentally" run into her at the temple or something, which of Course we're not really gonna do but it would be fun :)

Anywho- this afternoon Whit and I met Maria and her family at the Sizzler to have lunch before she headed over to the MTC. It was so weird and somewhat unreal to think that that was the last time we would see her in person for 18 months!!! We were talking about how a year ago when Whit and I first met Maria, we never thought we'd be where we were today...so much has happened to the three of us this past year! It's just so weird to think about it. I mean, less than 12 months ago Whit and I didn't even know Maria at all and now us three are so close and they are two of the closest/best friends I've ever had. We call ourselves "The Three Musketeers" and we've had the best times this past year. I can't believe how close we've all become in such short of a time and I'm so grateful for such AMAZING friends! The Lord really knew that we needed each other this past year and he brought us together and it was seriously two of the best semesters I've had. They have been so great to me and really have helped me so much this past year and I couldn't have asked for better friends (I still love you Sarah! :). I really can't express the love and gratitude I have for these two girls though. They have just simply been amazing and I love them so much and I love their families (The Packs are SO awesome and SO much fun! Whit and I have been up to there house so many times and they treat us just like daughters....they're the greatest! And Whit's parents are So awesome too, I don't know them as well but from the few times I've been around them, I've had lots of fun and really like them too :).

Anyway- none of us could have imagined how great this past year has been and all the great things that have happened to us. Well Maria pretty much knew she was going to go on a mission but didn't know where or when, but neither Whit or I would have thought we'd be married/engaged (Whit is getting married on Friday so I'll post more about that later, what a big week though for us three!). It's been an awesome year for us and will hopefully continue as such :). We've had so many fun/crazy/random memories from this past year which we'll always remember. Here are some key words/examples for these memories (sorry for those of you not in our trio and won't understand hardly any of these but believe me, they are significant and special to us and often come with some random, hilarious story. this is strictly for the benefit of the three of us): donkey, I hate you, weasels, mountain, chihuahuas/chickens, midnight/Wal Mart, random photo shoots at Temples, Otter Pops at midnight, Dark Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream D-liciousness, Cobble Stone Pizza, Mario Kart, Dr. Pepper, clean bedroom :), Wicked, Les Mes, Sweeney Todd, Mamma Mia, loud obnoxious singing, loud neighbors, Renaissance camping neighbors, twins (Abrahm and Matteo), pirate kitten, porcupine bush, khaki wedding pants, go-karts, slide/bruise, bruises in general, red umbrellas, red flip flops, hobos, pilgrim dress, distractions in Relief Society/Stake Conf/other church meetings....I think that's all for now.....my memory SUCKS and I can't think of anything else at the moment. But there was a lot of good times we had together and you all just missed out. :)

Just to make life a little better though, Maria decided to go out with a bang....a big bang which totaled her truck :). She got in an accident on Friday and just happened to bruise some ribs and broke her big toe which required surgery to put screws into it. So now she is on crutches for the first 6 weeks of her mission and is going to have a dandy of a time with it :) We think it happened on purpose though cuz otherwise she would have gone crazy in the MTC for 12 weeks....this was to give her some patience and such :) (Maria already knows Russian so learning Ukrainian really wasn't going to be too hard for her, plus she's a freaking genius and learns way quick....crazy girl...). So yeah, she gets to sit around a lot with her companion (poor girl!). She'll get to help her companion out with the language though so maybe that will help her through her time there as well :). Anyway- it'll all work out and she'll get through it splendidly :) She is going to be such a FANTASTIC missionary and really is going to do so well in Ukraine. I couldn't think of a better/more intimidating person than Maria to send to Ukraine :) She's going to blend in so well. :) I LOVE YOU MARIA! Really....I do... So yeah....I guess that's all I have to say for now except that I'm going to miss Maria SO MUCH! Whit and I said good bye to her and hugged her and then got in our separate cars to leave and we both immediately started crying...sad, but true... it was hard to say good-bye though! It's for a good cause though so I can forgive her for leaving :) Good Luck with everything though, Maria, and don't frighten your companions too much!!!! I guess all that's left is a bunch of pictures taken of the three of us at significant/fun times this past year.... enjoy! Sorry for the massive amounts of pictures though....there were too many to choose from!
Mt. Timpanogos Temple

Bountiful Temple

My Bridal Shower

My wedding weekend


Arizona Adventures
St. George
St. George Temple
Mesa, AZ Temple

4 comments:

Ramona said...

You forgot "I kill you!"

And I just have one question for now: pirate kitten? Explain.

Tara said...

One answer: Picture #6

pack84084 said...

Thanks!

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Whoa, pictures! Did you hear the kitten now has a name? He even answers to it.

Luigi.

Tell Maria hope she mends fast!

And tell Whitney congrats!