Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mawwiage is what brings us together today...

Continuing on with my week...first of all, Mark finished his last final for Summer Term on Wednesday so we were pretty excited about that cuz now we can actually see each other! :) We both took off this past weekend since we were going to Whit's wedding on Friday and then we just wanted to play and have fun on Saturday. Also, since we were going to be driving a lot we decided to rent a car as part of our fun. We had wanted a Dodge Charger (they're my favorite right now), but unfortunately they didn't have any available and we had to go with a 2008 Mustang Convertible...so sad I know!!!! :) It was SO much fun to drive though. I even got somewhat of a tan on my arms from driving with the top down :). I was pretty excited.Anywho- so Friday we drove down to Manti, UT in the convertible to go to Whit's sealing ceremony. That was pretty cool to go to, the Manti Temple is awesome! So gorgeous! Whit looked gorgeous though and they were both blissfully thrilled and happy. They were a bit busy/preoccupied with being married so we didn't really talk to them much that day, although we did let them borrow the convertible for a few pictures. That was fun :) Mark and I got a bit bored though while she was taking all her pictures and decided to take some of our own, provided by my friend Amanda :) We don't have many pics of us besides our engagement and wedding pics so I thought this would be fun.
When we were done there in Manti, we drove back up to Provo to where the reception was going to be held and helped set up for that. It was slightly crazy and chaotic but we all finally got things figured out and it turned out pretty well! The cake was pretty awesome looking. Her colors were lime green and lemon yellow with chocolate brown accents so they had the cake decorated with lemons and limes and it turned out really cute and tasted good (it was a lemon poppyseed cake, interesting choice for a wedding, differen anyway, but good!) I got to see a few people I hadn't seen in awhile so that was nice. Most of the time though I just chatted with Mark, my friend Amanda, my friend Shauna, and Whit's parents, who are pretty awesome people I might add :) So much fun they are!So on Saturday Mark and I headed up to SLC in the convertible to spend the day with his sister, Amy and her boyfriend, Calvin. We walked around the Gateway Mall for a bit, went to dinner at a nice Italian restaurant, played Rock Band at Amy's apartment (that's the first time I've ever played it and it was so much fun!!!!), and then went to a Drive-In movie theater and saw a double feature of The Mummy and Batman! We got home really, really late but it was worth it and so much fun! I've only been to a drive-in theater once and I was like 8 or something so I don't remember but I quite enjoyed it. It was so nice to just be there in your own car with the sound the way you want it with company you enjoy and it was great! The weather was perfect too. Sunday we just went to church and then went up to his aunt and uncle's house with Amy and Calvin for dinner which was very good and very fun.

So that was pretty much our entire weekend of fun. Yesterday we both went back to work and no more fun :( That is until this weekend!!!! Three of my best friend from Missouri are driving all the way out here to see me and I'm so excited! So I switched a few days around at work to free up my weekend for them and it's gonna be great. So I'll be updating at the end of the week about my adventures with them. It's definitely going to be an interesting but thoroughly fun weekend with them!

3 comments:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

You and Mark are so freaking cute in your pictures! And Whit looks Mahhhvelous.

So, you referenced The Princess Bride and Star Wars. Did I miss any movies?

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

You didn't quote it, you spoke in a Yoda-esque way.

"So much fun they are!"

You did it and didn't even notice.

Have I mentioned that I hate typing in the word verification?

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

we love your pics!! My (carmen) favorite car is a charger also!!
WE MISS U SO MUCH

LOVE YA
CARMEN & NATALIA