Friday, August 1, 2008

I am my mother's child after all!

So I know it's only been a short while since I put up my post about our apartment but already it's changed :) I wasn't very happy with the setup but didn't have enough time or help before the wedding to move things around and then didn't really get around to it when we got back. But I finally moved things to the way I want (if I'm going to live in a place for a year, I want it to be set up the way I like ya know?). The main enforcing factor here is that we got a new TV. Before we just had a 13" that my friend gave us, but Mark's work just got a new plasma so we bought the old TV from them. It's pretty nice though cuz it has the built in DVD/VHS so we didn't have to buy a DVD player...very convenient and it's definitely a step up from the 13"! :) Anyway, I didn't like where our entertainment center was so I moved it before we got our new TV and then moved the couches a bit and now it's more open and spacious...ish... :) I'm very much into being open and spacious...I don't like things cramped, which has hard not to do in such a small space but I am quite happy with it all now :)

I also had some time to work on some new things to put on the walls. My sister had told me of something to do with scrapbook paper and then Mark's Aunt sent me a link to something similar so one day I got some cute paper and made this! It's a very cheap, cute way to decorate and since I can't paint the walls, :( :( :( this helped a lot. I hate blank walls and our bedroom walls have been pretty bare so far. My sister also gave me the idea of doing a painting to hang up. I must admit I'm a bit of a doodler (and very geometric :) and have some nifty designs I've done in the past so I decided to do one of those as a painting which I hung up in our room as well. Mark has yet to do a piece of artwork for me but someday...it's not quite done yet (needs some touching up and refining :) but this is it so far.

I've also done quite a bit of scrapbooking in the past couple months. Mainly from the wedding and surrounding events but also some stuff from my last semesters as a single woman :). My roommates and I had some darn good times this past Fall and Winter semester. The best being that we took a little trip in February down to Arizona and went camping and hiking (we hiked this amazing mountain...so much fun!). It was kind of a celebratory trip for Maria and my birthdays/president's day weekend bash/NEEDING to get out of Provo and it was so great! Anyway, I did quite a spread on that whole weekend, then my weekend with Sarah after the wedding, and the wedding/cruise/everything else! That kept me quite busy for awhile, and gave me a lot to do at work when it was slow!

P.S.- Stepmom update- my grandma called again yesterday once again bearing not so pleasant news. It turns out that my somewhat of a stepmom :) has lymphoma. She's going to start heavy duty chemo tomorrow so keep her in your prayers that things will go well and that she will at least be comfortable. Thanks so much!

1 comment:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

I love the painting. Where's it going to hang? Good thing you have such a talented-ish sister!