Sunday, August 24, 2008

No friendship can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever.

Basically I just have to start out with that I have the best friends in the world! My three closest friends from high school, Jeanie, Rori, and Cheryl, drove all the way from Missouri (a good 19 hour drive, one way!) to see me for a couple days and we had a brilliantly fun time! They arrived Thursday afternoon right exactly when I got off work, perfect timing guys! We didn't do too much that day cuz they were tired and we just basically chilled at my apartment, talking, watching tv and reminiscing of the old days :). It was pretty great.Friday was a great fun day. We went up to the only themepark in Utah, Lagoon, along with Mark, his sister Amy, and her boyfriend. It was so much fun! We went on roller coasters, played in the lazy river, and went down some water slides. It was so great! Although we did do a lot of walking and for the past two days my knees have been killing me! It was worth it though. I haven't been on a roller coaster in such a long time and I've been wanting to go forever! I love roller coasters and am sadly disappointed in Utah for not having very many at all. I also love water slides, especially the ones you use tubes for, although we didn't ride any of those cuz they charged you for the tubes....so retarded! Themeparks are dumb that way, they charge you for every stupid little thing and it's quite ridiculous. Oh well though. We did have a great day. After we were done there though we all went out to dinner at Red Robin cuz we were Starving and Jeanie and Cheryl had never been. Such a yummy place!
Saturday was another day of new experiences. I took them all to Ikea, yes I know that's pretty much the same as when Sarah was here but they've never, ever been and I couldn't help but introduce them to the coolest store ever. And they loved it! Then I took them to Cafe Rio which they've also never had and quite enjoyed. Then we came back to good ol' Provo and went to the mall where we had a delightful time at the bridal store where we tired on the most hideous dresses we could find and then we went to a store called "Forever 21" where we also tried on hideous clothes. It was SO much fun! I think Jeanie won the best hideous outfit with this lovely contraption. (she actually bought it too! For Halloween anyway, just picture it with tall, striped socks and a sweat band. SO funny!!!).

That was pretty much the whole weekend though. They couldn't stay too long cuz they had to get back for work and school and such but it was SO much fun to have them here! I usually only get to see them once a year and it was great to have a couple days with just them. I do miss my girl time and this sure made up for the lack of it these past few months! :) Not that I don't love being with my husband but a girl does need girl time. Guys just don't get it sometimes :) Mark was a little worried about this weekend cuz he didn't know what he was going to do when I was with my friends but he worked most of the time and went with us to Lagoon and then one night he went shooting with a friend from work so he lived through it quite fine. Although I guess I should be glad that he doesn't like to do much without me right? :) Such a sweet guy I have, let me tell you! :) Every time I even mention the thought of me going home sometime to visit, he's like, but what would I do? goodness gracious...and this is just after 3 months of being married! Apparently I'm just so much fun to be around or something. ;) Anyway...he's great. He even enjoyed having my friends here, well he had fun at Lagoon with us, that's pretty much the only time he spent with them.So that's pretty much all I have to say right now, I'm still somewhat worn out from my long weekend, but it's back to work tomorrow, joyful day.... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Looks like you got spammed, girlie!

Love the pictures. You guys are too funny.