Saturday, September 20, 2008

Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter - Jack Benny

My husband is officially old today. Or that's what he thinks, I don't think he is at all. He's always been somewhat touchy on him being older than me, which I don't find a big deal at all, but he kinda does. I think it's funny. He's actually only 3 years and 5 months older than me. He just thinks it sounds like a bigger deal cuz right now I'm 21 and now he's 25. He's just a big goof though. I like to tease him a lot though, it's just too much fun. Like for example, one time when we were dating I told him that when he was a Senior in High School, I was a little Freshman. (or at least I think I was, I didn't really think that through the whole way, but it doesn't really matter anyway). He was somewhat taken aback by that one though, very funny. But I do love him and I don't always tease him that bad, I promise. Otherwise he would have ran away a long time ago. :) But he didn't, he learned to dish it back, quite well, and now we're happily married.

Anyway- I'm spending the morning working while he's lounging around at home watching Heroes. He worked hard this week so that he wouldn't have to do any homework today. I originally was working tonight but I got it switched so I could spend the rest of the day with him. We're going to have a fun filled day (after work) starting with Orange Julius smoothies (he got a coupon for a free one for his birthday) and then we're off to Sears to buy tools for him for work. Oh how exciting!!! :) Not really but it's getting me out of the house and inside somewhere, it's kind of really cloudy and windy today and looks like rain, which isn't too great cuz there's a BYU football game today. Anyway, tonight we're going to go out to eat at a BBQ place called Goodwood which I've heard to be quite delicous. The rest of the time is up to him, which he's not entirely that decisive so I have no clue what we're going to do.

Today is special not only because of Mark's birthday but it also Mark's the anniversary of our first date. Last year this week was homecoming week and my roommate Whit and I wanted to go to the Homecoming Spectacular which features music and dance groups and that year they had the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square. We knew no one was going to ask us to it so we decided to ask someone ourselves. So the day I was gonna ask Mark, I found out it was his birthday the day of the concert so I was kind of hesitant to ask him in case he was doing something else. So I found out he wasn't and I asked him when he was leaving my apartment that night and he said yes! I was quite excited, and very nervous because I don't ask guys out. So that was quite a big deal for me :) Apparently during our whole dating period, I came out of my shell quite a bit and actually flirted, which is not an easy thing for me to do. Whit made fun of me though and said that she was rubbing off on me (Whit definitely knows how to flirt, much better than me).


Anyway, Whit asked some guy in our ward and we all went together and it was really fun. Mark surprisingly likes concerts and such and was excited to go. I sure got a pretty awesome guy, he's not afraid to watch chick flicks and he likes classical music and going to concerts. Not a lot of guys do so I'm pretty happy with him :) (He took me to see the Utah Orchestra for my birthday up in SLC which was FABULOUS! We both loved it. We've also gone to the MoTab Christmas Concert and BYU's Christmas Around the World although he missed that because of work, lame!) Anyway again, the MoTab was awesome and the Orchestra was awesome and pretty much overall it was a fabulous night. After that he started asking me out and then the rest is history! I think things would have progressed a lot slower if I had waited for him to ask me out first. He's as shy as me when it comes to that. He said he was planning on asking me out but I just beat him to it I guess. But it all turned great and we are fantastically happy together. I'm just so glad that I have him in my life, he is a great strength to me and so supportive and is just an awesome guy.

(This pic is like the only pic I have from before we were married that's not an engagement. I actually like this one of me, which doesn't happen too often, but Mark had to go ruin in by being a dork and not smiling, he really does usually look happier than that when he's with me, I swear! :)

My mom and sisters actually just called me while I was writing this to get his number to call him to say Happy Birthday so I hope they don't do anything too drastic or embarrassing...I don't think he's altogether used to my family yet (he's only met them once, at the wedding) so that might take awhile. My sister Mellisa said that if he had been working they were going to call up his work and sing over the intercom...they would do it too... :) Crazy people but I love em'!!!

I guess all that's left to say is Happy Birthday Mark! I love you SO much!!!

3 comments:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

You're so cute. Quit bragging!

Tara said...

ah, you're just jealous and you'd do the same thing! :) It's the only thing I've got to brag about right now so I'm doing it. :)

Ramona said...

He was amused by our singing, and said thank you! He's so polite!