Saturday, September 6, 2008

Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. ---John Dewey

So I have just finished my first days of the semester and I for one am glad it's over! I'm not a huge fan of the first day/s of school, especially in college. Mainly because it's the first day of class and all the teachers are going over EVERYTHING you're going to be doing that semester and hearing each professor drop such a huge load, five times in a row, is kind of daunting. And of course each professor seems to have the idea that their class is the most important and don't seem to realize that you DO have more than just their class and it's just crazy. So that first day, everything just seems impossible to do. It doesn't help that I really haven't been to school since last fall semester so I'm kind of out of the groove of school and all that jazz.

This semester I am taking 5 classes: Statistics 221, English 315, Christian History, LDS Family History, and Intro to Social Work. I'm not too worried about the two history ones...they aren't going to be that hard. I"m really excited for the Christian History class because the teacher is way awesome. His name is Alonzo Gaskill and he is by fair the most entertaining and most sarcastic teacher I have ever had...this is the third class I've taken from him so you can tell I enjoy his teaching. He's actually from Missouri too, not far from where I'm from, so I thought that was pretty cool. I've been pretty lucky so far though with picking teachers. I've only had one or two that I didn't like and out of three years of going to school that's pretty good!

My other three classes are going to be a lot harder and very time consuming. Intro to Social Work should be a good class since that's what I want to go into. There are a lot of assignments though, all pretty big so that class'll keep me busy. English 315 just has a ton of assignments and a huge research paper. And then there's Statistics which is a required class I have to take and is pretty much one of the worst classes ever. It's so hard! I just want to pass it, with whatever I can get and I'll be happy.Mark has a pretty busy schedule too but luckily our schedules go quite nicely and we actually get to see each other on campus and such. We both have most of our classes T/TH and one M/W and the rest of the time we work. Such a fun time, let me tell you. I'm pretty lucky though cuz at my work whenever there are no customers, I can pretty much do whatever, which means I can do homework there! SO great and very convenient.

Although I'm not as excited to be back in school and doing homework and such, I am glad to be back on campus and doing something more than just working! I do love our campus...it's so big and so gorgeous and it's just absolutely great.So yeah, the next few months will be pretty busy and not very eventful so sorry if there's a lack of interesting things here on my blog. But it hopefully will go by quickly and then it'll be Christmas and I can go home! I'm so excited and can't wait! It seems so long since I've been home, it's only been 4 months, but since it was for my wedding I didn't really get to be home very long or do as much with the fam as I would've liked. But Christmas will be great, lots of yummy food, hopefully less snow than Utah :), family, friends, and lots of babies! I'll get to see my newest niece, who has yet to be born, but soon! Monie is having her baby shower tonight, which I'm very sad to miss, but hope she has fun! The baby can pretty much come any time now so we're all just kinda waitin! Good luck to ya though, Monie! :) Can't wait to see pics of your little girl :)

Anyway- that's pretty much all I have to say right now, I really should go do something productive, like homework...blech. Story of my life now!

No comments: