Friday, September 26, 2008

Having a child is surely the most beautifully irrational act that two people in love can commit. --Bill Cosby--

As some of you already know, my little sister Monie had her baby last night! My family has been waiting anxiously for the past two weeks for her to have it (she had a false alarm one night and ever since we've been thinking she could have it any day but the baby just decided to chill for a bit longer), but she's finally arrived! Her name is Kady Scarlett, pronounced Katy, and she was born at 3:03 this morning. She was 6lbs 12oz and 18 inches long with dark hair and chubby cheeks, or so they tell me. I have yet to see a picture because apparently my entire family has lost their minds and everyone forgot their camera. But thank goodness for camera phones and midwives who are prepared! They borrowed their midwife's camera since they were all scatterbrained. She was born fairly quick though, Monie had contractions for a few hours and they decided to head over to the hospital sometime before 2am (the hospital is like 35 minutes away so they had a ways to g0). Monie was riding with Mellisa who is notorious for her driving skills and she booked it there going 90 or so :) She had her hazards on so no one pulled her over thank goodness, I think if someone had the cop woulda been scared off by Monie's screaming :)

(The proud parents a little over 9 months ago!!!)

Anyway, they got to the hospital and she was fully dialated so they went ahead and started pushing right away and an hour later there was baby Kady! Pretty crazy if you ask me. Monie called me 25 minutes later (it was 2:30 here and I wasn't all that happy to be woken up cuz I couldn't go back to sleep after :( but at least it was for real this time). She was like, I have a baby and it was SO hard! Well duh, I figured that and she didn't have time for any epidural so yeah, I bet it was. But worth it though to have a beautiful little baby come from it!

But she's perfectly fine and the baby's fine and everybody's there and happy, except me, I'm stuck here in Utah studying for a stupid Statistics test and don't get to see little Kady until Christmas...but I'm not bitter at all! :) Not really bitter, just sad to miss out on all the baby excitement that's been going on in my family for the past couple years. It's kinda funny though cuz it's been constant babies for those couple years. My sister had twins in March 2007 and right after got pregnant with my niece Santana and right after that Monie got pregnant with Kady and so it's been babies, babies, and more babies! My poor mom though is caught up in the middle of it all and seems to be getting overwhelmed by them all :) She's a trooper though and helps out a lot!

The twins are 18 months now and getting into EVERYTHING and getting into lots of trouble. Santana is now mobile as well and crawling everywhere but she's apparently the best, sweetest baby ever and doesn't cause too much trouble. They're all teething though so that oughta be a fun time right now for Mellis! :) They're adorable though and I miss seeing them a lot! I'm constantly asking for pictures and my family's getting sick of it but they never send any so I'm gonna keep asking :) And now we have the newest baby on the scene and before you know it she'll be crawling around too. I don't know if the baby trend will be as constant now though, unless me or my sister-in-law Amy F. (I have two sister-in-laws named Amy just so you know so one is Amy F. on here and the other is Amy E. :) gets pregnant right now and continues on....eek! :) Hopefully it will Amy though cuz I know they've been wanting and trying for a long time now! Not that I wouldn't mind one either but I've got time and right now school is pretty overwhelming.
So just a little more on my nieces and nephews; little Kady is the 14th on my side and counting the one's on my in-laws side, I have 16! So that's (this is listed by age, somewhat, if I can remember it all :) Sierra, Brian, Carmen, Austin, Natalia, Jack, Ephraim, Joseph, Jerica, Mario, Isabella, Abrahm and Matteo, Santana, Jacob, and Kady! Now there's a list to remember for you, especially all the ages and b-days! I've got most of them down though. They range from age 14 to 9 1/2 hours old. I feel old sometimes though thinking of Sierra! She's just entered her first of high school and is turning 15 in January and I just CAN'T believe it! She's a fantastic and very talented young lady though and pretty to boot. :) She's always calling me up to talk cuz I'm her favorite and she misses me (haha Annie! I said it!) She's always me to if she can come visit me out here and she says she's gonna live with us when she comes to school here but I doubt we'll be around anymore. She is very ambitious though and wants to do so many things, which includes coming to BYU to go to college which I'm sure she'll do cuz she's extremely smart!


My other nieces and nephews are all awesome as well and SO different! But if I took the time to go through each and everyone one of them this post would be a mile long, it's long enough already! :) Maybe I'll finish what Annie started one time on her blog and once and awhile do a spotlight on someone. I think I will! Just not today, I've wasted enough time writing this one (I'm taking a break from studying Stats...blech!!!!). The one thing different about little Kady though is she's actually in all reality, my first real niece. Monie and are adopted (we were adopted in the same family though so we are still related to our siblings and parents now, just blood wise in a different way, sorry if that's confusing but most of you know what I mean and if not then you can ask me later, fun stuff though :). Anyway, we have the same birth mom and so we're really half-sisters and little Kady is my first official niece! Monie thought this was pretty funny so I thought I'd mention it cuz I think it's funny too. She and I are so grateful for our family and couldn't have asked for a better one to go to!


My family is awesome though and are all such amazing, wonderful people and I miss them SOOOO much!!!!!! I'm sure I've said that many times before but it's very true and I'm gonna keep saying for a long time so get used to it!!! But for those of you who know them, you understand why and you'll forgive me for it. :)

Anyway, I'll be posting pictures as soon as I get some! These ones are just some of me and nieces and nephews, sorry if I've showed some of them before!!! Congratulations though Monie and Kyle! I'm so happy for you two and can't wait to meet your little girl! And Happy Birthday little Kady!!! I promise I'll try to be your favorite Aunt too. :)

I'll just leave you with one little quote I got from our Church's most recent Ensign magazine that I really liked:

"Life is precious! No one can cuddle an innocent infant, look into those beautiful eyes, feel the little fingers, and kiss that baby's cheek without a deepening reverence for life and for our Creator."
---Elder Russel M. Nelson

No comments: