Saturday, November 22, 2008

"A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take." -- Cardinal Mermillod

So this blog has a bit of good and a bit of bad in it. The good side is that I'm going home on Monday!!!!!!!!! I am so utterly thrilled and excited and can't wait for Monday to come. The downside though is the main reason I'm going, my poor Mamma went into the hospital yesterday and she's still there. She's been sick since last Saturday and she went to the doctor and they said she had bronchitis and then she went to the hospital yesterday and they said she had pneumonia. She was having trouble breathing though and they had to put her on oxygen and then they took her to a hospital in Kansas City and that's where she is right now. Needless to say, I've been a little worried and stressed! I miss her probably the most and call her ALL the time, as I'm sure she could tell you. :) Anytime I'm walking home or going to class or whatever, she's the first one I call! I love her so much!

So my sisters thought I should come home and I really, really wanted to so there you go! I'm on my way! Apparently Mellisa needs me to come home: 1) to help her with the little ones (no problem there! They are SO cute!) and 2) cuz she said she's "depending on me" to help with Thanksgiving dinner...ha! That's funny... I'm not a bad cook but neither are they but I appreciate the compliment in there and the faith she has in me. I can do pretty much anything, not to brag of course, I just do NOT want to do the turkey :) I don't trust myself with that one yet! Someday, when I'm feeling especially lucky...anyway...I thought she was pretty funny. I do want to help though while I'm there, in any way I can, so if the trade off for going home is babysitting and cooking, I'm not gonna complain! :) I miss it so much!

The only other sad part about this whole business is that I'm going to be leaving Mark for 4 days! I know, I know, how sappy and pathetic, but deal with it! I'm going to miss him. :) But this will be good practice for when he gets in the Navy and has to leave me for 12 weeks. That is NOT going to be fun! We'll manage though...hopefully... It was funny though cuz he was like, what am I going to do if you go home? So his only stipulation was that he got to buy a video game to play to keep him entertained and I could go home. Meh! No problem there! Well as the saying goes though: Absence makes the heart grow fonder! :) haha...

Well that's all for now, I'm sure I'll have more to say after tomorrow! (we're going to Mark's aunt Janet's for a pre-Thanksgivng dinner, yum!). Love to all and prayers to my mamma!

Oh, and just so you know, BYU and Utah are in the 3rd quarter- 24-27...eek! It's been going back and forth and it's sure going to be an awful close game! Go COUGARS!!!!! See me friend Amanda's blog for a deligtful parody of Oh, Holy Night. It's pretty darn funny.....

Oh again! I saw Twilight today!!! Good movie! loved it. Love the books, love the author...love it all!!! Very much recommended I say.

1 comment:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Hey. Can't wait to see you.

P.S. Can Ficken move in with me and be my personal motivational speaker/life coach?