Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mamma update!

Well it's been a few days so I thought I would take a moment and update you all about my mamma. When I got here Monday she was having a bit of a rough morning and was having a hard time. I only saw her for a minute and then they had to run some tests and then visitor hours were closed for 2 hours so all my fam that was there went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (YUM!). It was SO great to see them all though! There was my dad, my brother Ben, sisters- Emily, Mellisa, Monie, and Annie, bro in law Adam, and sweet, adorable little niece Tani! (Santana). She is SO cute! I played with her the whole day. :) It's been a long time since I've been around babies.

Anyway, we went back to the hospital and got to see her for reals this time. She was doing a little better but it was still really, really, hard to see her in there. She was in the ICU with all these tubes and stuff and things sticking in her and it was just so awful! I think seeing your mom in a condition like that is one of the worst things in the world. I was so upset all weekend, just going between phone calls to hear about her, and it was so good to just see her in person! I've been up there everyday to see her and she is getting better everyday. The first day I got there though she could barely talk and it was just a very emotional and hard day for all of us.

Yesterday Annie, Emily, and I went up and she was doing much, much better than the day before, she could talk this time. They have her on 100% oxygen so she had to wear a mask for that. She has a very severe case of pneumonia and two collapsed lungs and so she's been having difficulties getting oxygen, as you can imagine. They did a ton of tests to see if that was due to something else but so far haven't found anything, which I suppose is good. While we were there though they told us that they had a room for her out of the ICU which was really good cuz it meant she was improving! Yay! Emily is staying up there with her now to take charge and help her out, something Emily is very good at. :) Everybody fasted for her that day though and I know that really helped in her improvement.

Today I went up just with my Daddy and saw her in her new room. She is really doing good today although she is still on 100% oxygen. They said she can't come home until the amount they are giving her is 60% which will be probably be next week sometime. She is NOT very happy about that though. She wanted so bad to come home tomorrow! Unfortunately though she has to stay up there and get a little better. She's quite the crack up though, such a funny lady. She's been a little anxious and such up there though, which is understandable. She's been talking herself through everything to help herself out. She just wants to get out so bad though! She told us before I got there that she wanted everybody to "fast her the hell out" of there. See? Told she was funny... :) I do love her though, she's awesome.

Well, anyway, she's doing so much better than last Friday/Saturday/Sunday. She really scared the crap out of all of us and it really was a close call a couple times. We're just glad she got to the hospital when she did cuz if it was any later who knows what would have happened. But it's all turning out better and she's on her way to recovery. Emily is a big help to her and the rest of us are all praying, fasting and visiting any time we can, which she greatly appreciates. She thanks everyone who's praying for her as well.

It has been hard without her here at home and we are all greatly missing her right now but the important thing is that she gets well and comes home when she's ready and healthy enough. She said this is her wake up call in life and that she's going to do better with her health, etc. So maybe that's the case, maybe this trial is meant to teach us something else, but whatever the case may be, we are all in it together....wow that was so High School Musical..gross...but anyway, it's true. We're all helping each other out and I am so grateful for every member of my family. I am so glad that I was able to come out here and hopefully lighten there burden a little bit by helping them out. I am so happy to be home and I miss it so much when I'm gone! I just wish I had a happier reason to come but oh well. I'm here and happy and happy that my mamma is getting better! I wouldn't know what to do without her and am so grateful for all that she does for me! I love you mamma!

P.S.- just to reassure you all, I have not forgotten about my husband in our brief separation :) I miss him a lot and know that he misses me too! Although I'm sure he's feeling it a bit more than me since he's been mostly just at work and home all alone. I've been busy, busy, busy since I got here and will keep being busy til I leave! Luckily though he is at his sister's tonight and is going to be with cousins and other family tomorrow so he won't be alone anymore. I love you honey! :)

No comments: