Sunday, December 14, 2008

"I SMILE because I scrapbook; I LAUGH because my husband can't do a thing about it!"

So Friday started out rather boring and crappy- cold weather, work all morning...you know...not fun stuff. But it ended quite nicely for me and so I thought I'd blog about it. So after work I headed over to a warehouse in Orem where someone told me they were having a scrapbook warehouse sale, so of course I had to go investigate and check it out and I'm very glad I did! It was for a company called "American Craft" which has AWESOME scrapbooking supplies but they're usually way too expensive for me, sad, I know. But this sale was FaNtAsTiC! They had everything between 75 and 90% off and I was just seriously in heaven.

It was a really bad place to go to all by yourself with no one to tell you to stop...I did call my sister Annie, who has a fabulous scrapbooker and is one person who would understand my excitement. She was excited and jealous but I'm a good sister and got her some stuff too. I tried to be good and not buy too much because I knew Mark wouldn't be too happy with me but it was SO hard! I got all of this stuff (see pics below) for 60 bucks! Which, if you aren't a scrapper, is AMAZING! Mark didn't understand how awesome of a deal this was but he'll get over it eventually :) haha...no really though, I really don't have to buy anything for a LONG time...I am SET with paper for at least 5 years :) or at least the childhood of our first kid (no I'm not pregnant, that comment was just for future purposes only).

Anyway, I have been scrappin' for quite a few years, I'm a very simple scrapper though, I don't embellish too much or do anything fancy. My main love is paper and I definitely got plenty of awesome paper, I love 99% of the paper I got, the rest will serve some purpose someday... :) I seriously got so much paper though!!! It was SO AWESOME!!!! Usually a piece of patterned paper is between $.30 and $1.00, for one piece, depending on the brand, thickness, etc. I got like 550 pieces of paper, 28 alphabet sets and a bunch of other stuff for the $60. So, just for fun, if you take an average of $.40 for a piece of paper and take that times 550, it's $220!!! So I think I got a dang good steal of a deal. I've been trying to justify my purchase to Mark but nothing's made him feel better yet. :) But oh well! It was a lot of fun though and I had even more fun this morning when I went through everything. I love paper! The only problem now is where to put everything...I had to buy a folder thing to put it all in but it's still everywhere. I might have to organize something to fit it all...I'm good at organizing, just ask any of my sisters :) haha...

Anywho- so that made the day pretty awesome. It got better though cuz Mark and I went up to SLC and went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert with my good, good friend Chelsea and her husband. She had called us up the night before cuz her mom gave her four tickets for it and asked us if we wanted to go. It was crazy, crazy, busy though so we got there with barely enough time to get in. It had already started but we made it before the opening prayer so I thought was good :) It was pretty cool though. They also have guest people that sing or do other things throughout the concert and this year they had a guy named Brian Stokes Mitchell, who I've never heard of really.

He was pretty good, he had an awesome low range but liked to go high too and then, meh...not so great. He also sang a couple songs that weren't Christmas songs so Mark and I were disappointed about that. He did sing a song called "Through Heaven's Eyes" which is from "The Prince of Egypt" (awesome movie!) which was way cool because he was the guy that actually sang it for the movie. He was the singing voice for Jethro, who was Moses' wife's dad. So that was awesome to hear, way good. He was really entertaining though, a very enthusiastic entertainer/singer, funny facials.

They had another guy too, Edward Hermann. I actually knew who he was, he played a character on the TV show "Gilmore Girls" and apparently he has done some narrations and stuff as well. So he did a narration of the story of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, who wrote the song "I heard the bells on Christmas Day". He did a really job with it too, he has a great voice for narrating.

The Choir of course was amazing, as well as the Orchestra (love them!). I especially like the organist, he was SO awesome! He played a song by himself, I forgot which, but it was so cool, his hands were going and his feet were going and it was just awesome. That would be so hard to play! They also had the bells which were cool too (a ton of people came out during certain songs and would play bells along with it). It was a pretty awesome night though, so good to hang out with friends and enjoy good music! Here's some pics we took.




1 comment:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Tell Mark that you got an amazing deal!