Monday, December 1, 2008

All is right with the world!

My Mamma is home! I'm so happy and relieved! For her sake as well as my family's. She was SO ready to get out of there! She did not like it one bit, but who really does? Hospitals just aren't happy places unless you're having a baby and that can turn out not so nice sometimes too. But she's home now and that's all that matters for now. She's still on oxygen but on lot lower levels than before but she doesn't know how long she'll have to stay on it. We're all grateful that she's recovering so well though! We'd all be lost without our Mamma. I called her today, which is the first time in a long time I've got to call her! It was so nice! I missed calling her up, which I do frequently :) But that's ok, I think we've gotten a lot closer since I've been at college and the only communication we have is over the phone, so I really missed it! Seeing her at the hospital just wasn't the same. She's still got some recovering to do but she's got lots of help around home and I know she'll be well taken care of. Only 21 days until I go home again! Yay!

I am back in Utah which is great because I'm home with Mark and I missed him a lot but then not so great cuz I've got SO MUCH homework to do! I was planning on doing most of it last week but you can imagine how that turned out...I just don't know where to begin with it! But only 8 more days of classes left and then finals and then home. I'm almost there! This has been a long semester and I am going to be so glad when it's over. Anyway, back to happier things and Mark :) He missed me so much, poor thing! He's so cute though and SO sweet. He didn't think he'd see me cuz I had to work the day I got back so he left me a note on our bed which was very sweet. His sister Amy picked me up and we brought him food for lunch (so I did get to see him before work) and then she and I went shopping (Old Navy had AMAZING sales! Love it!). He came to work later and brought me dinner though and so when he got there he put everything down and went to take off his coat and underneath it were three pink roses! He surprised me quite well with that one. But it was so sweet and I loved it!

I'm really just saying all this to brag about him cuz we all know he's the favorite son-in-law and I'm just rubbing it in for my dear sisters...haha! Not very nice of me I guess but it's fun. It's the same with Annie and how she's the favorite sister...it's just a family joke thing but also somewhat the truth so no one can really deny it. :) I love my family though! Every single one of them. I can't wait to go home again! This time Mark'll really get to know the fam. He didn't really get to know them too well during the wedding, little preoccupied as you can imagine :) It'll be a fun time though. Anyway, I'm just rambling now mainly cuz I'm tired so I should go now. I'm just so happy my Mamma is home! I love you Mamma!!!

2 comments:

Tastebuds Boutique Catering said...

I'm so happy to hear that your mom is doing better!!!

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

I'm happy she's home, too. She looks and feels so much better. It was so nice having you out here while she was sick, you were mahvelous.