Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action. --W.J. Cameron--

So now that I am back in Provo and Mamma is home and life is somewhat calming down, I am back to my old routine of procrastinating homework and doing this instead! I've been in class all day and studying so I think I deserve a little break. It'll take a couple posts though to cover Thanksgiving since mine was kinda split this year, but I'm sure you all are ok with that :)

The Saturday before Thanksgiving Mark, Amy, Calvin, and I went up to their aunt and uncle's house in Clearfield for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner. They were going to be out of town that day and so we just decided to do something then with them. I got to meet Mark's other two cousins, Chris and Russ and their families, which was fun. It was definitely loud and crazy there but that was ok with me cuz it felt like home. My family is Most definitely not quiet so Mark's small family is a little foreign to me sometimes but Aunt Janet's kids are much more like my fam. I got a lot of ripping on since I was the "new" person around, plus I'm from Missouri and people just can't seem to not make fun of me when they find that out. But I'm used to that too so I don't really care.

Anyway, dinner was really, really good and afterwards they set up Rock Band and played that until everybody left, which was a good long while. It was really funny though, people get so into it! Especially whoever is singing. That was the best part I think. The guys certainly had fun doing it. Chris' two kids, Porter and Lucy had fun with it too. Lucy really liked the microphone and started crying when someone took it away from her, it was so cute! She was a funny little thing, really shy around me since she didn't know me, but then I let her take some pictures on my camera and she softened up to me real quick. She kept me busy while everyone was playing the game (I didn't play at all although Russ kept trying to get me to sing...just ask my family, they know I don't sing in public...at ALL...just can't do it). They all had fun though which was good. Here's some pics of the occasion, I know you all have been missing my pictures...it's been awhile since I put any up. But don't worry, I took LOTS and LOTS last week so you're in for a treat. Enjoy!










1 comment:

Maag Family said...

Your blog is too cute. It was so fun finally meeting you. Mark is a lucky man. I love the pictures. Please call us anytime you are up in Ogden. We would love to hang out. Lucy adores you!