Monday, April 13, 2009

"Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless." --Charles M. Crowe--

Well I have a couple of things to catch up on today so I guess I should start with the things that happened first. So on Thursday night Calvin finally proposed to Amy! She called me up on Friday morning so Mark and I were among the first to know, I felt so special :) We're all really excited for them though. They came by the Sunday before and told us they got the ring so we figured it would be soon. It's a really pretty ring too. They used a diamond from Amy's grandma's ring and had it set in a new band (which has four tiny diamonds on each side of the main diamond). I'm going to steal a pic from Amy's Facebook and put it here for you to see...I don't think she'll mind. :)



Anyway, the way he did was he took her to an ice skating rink (he had told her that his family was going skating or something) but no one was there and they got on the ice and the lights turned off and a spotlight and music came on so they skated together and then he proposed! So cute...he got some inspiration from Happy Gilmore but I can't remember the scene for the life of me. But anyway, I thought it was pretty cool. My friends and I would go skating my freshmen year and we always thought it would be cool to have a proposal on the ice, so way to go Calvin! :) They're planning an August wedding (I'll be nice and HUGE by then...don't even look for me in the pics, I'll be hiding :). I'm pretty excited cuz I get to go with her to go dress shopping, yay! Wedding dresses are so pretty. We stopped by her apt on Saturday night and hung out with them for awhile and got to here some of their plans so far. weddings sure have a lot of planning, I'll tell you that. But it's worth it.

So the second thing to happen this weekend was that I got to see my amazing friend Emma for the first time in over a year and a half!!! She went on a mission to Chile, got home in February and now is in Utah for school again. Her sister got married a week or so ago and had a reception here in Utah so I went to see Emma and it was so great!!! (Plus we got to eat some cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory...SO good!). Anyway, she is the sweetest, nicest, most wonderful person ever and I was so happy to see her! I also got to see another friend, Gary, who was in our Freshmen ward with us and is also Emma's boyfriend. All I'll say about that is they're super cute together. :) Gary's great though and a red head so that automatically makes him awesome.

(Me and Emma! Boy do I look chunkier in a skirt compared to jeans...yuck :)

(Poor Mark! He was a bit bored while we were there, the cheesecake made up for that though thank goodness)

(This is Emma and Gary if you didn't already guess)

The third thing I'll talk about today is Easter Sunday! I really wanted Easter dinner and since we had nowhere to go Whit and I decided to do it together. We also had Gary and Emma over (I found out Gary was planning on having Hamburger Helper, which is blasphemous, so I invited them...we had PLENTY of food so it was all good). It was so much fun though and the food was SO good!!! I love Easter dinner...ham, cheesy potatoes, rolls..delicious. I made the ham (well stuck in the oven and heated it up :) and rolls and potatoes and Whit made a yummy salad, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole and Emma brought yummy brownies! It was great. We had a lot of fun catching up and chatting and everything. After dinner we were too stuffed to really do much so we all sat around on the floor and played Apples to Apples for awhile (fun game btw). So overall it was a fantastic night! It's wonderful to be surrounded by good friends when you're unable to be with family. Here's a few pics for you all to enjoy.

The Spread



After Dinner Laziness!



I think the guys felt a little left out, we kinda segregated them for part of the evening cuz the three of us were talking, looking at Whit's wedding pics, etc. :) Poor things...



And in honor of the game we played, apples and caramel! Yum!

Well I think that's pretty much it for now. Hopefully I'll be back soon with more happy stuff! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

2 comments:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

I think I can see a little baby bump! Either that or it's Easter Dinner. One or the other.

Am said...

Aaaaah.... Emma! I can't wait to see her again (finals are stealing my life!), and also see you and Whit, like in a more than "hey" in the hallway kind of thing... I love you guys!!!