Saturday, April 25, 2009

A grandma is a gift from above, one to cherish and one to love.

Well this isn't an extremely happy post but I guess they all can't be happy. My Grandma Fredrick just hasn't been having the best of luck health-wise lately. She went out to CA with Gramps in February or something and just had a long string of bad luck with health-her hip went out of place again and after that things just kept happening. She was doing well and went home to one of her girls homes but unfortunately today had a big stroke and is back at the hospital and not doing well at all. So my mom, dad, and sisters Emily and Mellisa packed up the truck today and are headed to CA to see her and to say goodbye because things aren't looking too hopeful at the moment. We are all very sad about this, of course, and wish we all could see her one more time but with a big fam like mine, that's just not possible. I just hope that when her time comes to go she goes peacefully, surrounded by her loved ones.

I never was extremely close to my Grandma Fredrick (Emily is her best friend and I'm sure this is going to be really hard for her), but she really is a great lady, so nice and so very talented! She is a fantastic quilter and has made a ton of gorgeous quilts. She's also an extreme pink fanatic- she even has pink appliances. On the other side of things, she LOVES football, which I think is pretty funny since she's so into pink and such. She and Gramps have been living in Missouri for a long time now so we've had a great chance in being around her for those years and I'm glad for one to have gotten that time with her. I remember helping her when she got a computer and needed help with the internet and such. She was always so thankful for my help even though I don't think I did much and didn't really know what I was doing half the time. :) Anyway, we love you Grandma and miss you lots!!! You've been in our prayers and will continue to be.

(This is the only pic I have available of Grandma at the moment...I'm at work and don't have internet at home at the moment. This is from my wedding reception last year, she is talking to my mother-in-law, JoAnn.)

No comments: