Friday, June 26, 2009

"I hid under your porch because I love you." --Dug, UP--

Yesterday was my day off and therefore our day of fun for the week! :) We had to wait for Mark to get off work until we got to do the fun stuff but that's alright. Sierra and I spent the morning sleeping in, cleaning up, and getting ready for our adventures later. We drove up to Salt Lake...again...and went to the Salt Lake Temple. Sierra had never been inside so we took her to do some baptisms, very cool! It's so amazing inside, gorgeous, and so peaceful and wonderful. I love it!

After we were done there we left, changed, and brought our "picnic" dinner outside by the reflection pool near the temple. It was pretty nice out, pretty perfect for eating outdoors...no rain this time! :) We of course saw a couple of brides and grooms wandering around getting their pictures taken...that Temple is SO busy with weddings! It's crazy...I just feel bad right now cuz they're doing construction around the temple so a lot of the cool places to take pics are blocked off. Luckily it's still pretty. :)





(This is actually our reflection...how cool is that?)

Anywho...when we were done there we went to Amy's for a bit and then all headed over to the Drive-In Theater to catch a double feature. The first movie we saw was "UP" which was SO cute! It was also kinda sad but still very cute. The second movie they showed was "The Proposal" which looked so funny from the trailers and it was! :) I hate when the trailers look so good and then the movie is disappointing. I knew this one wouldn't though because it had Sandra Bullock and I love her movies. She is fantastic and extremely funny.

The movies started late because it gets dark here late so we were up so late last night! Near the end of the Proposal it started to sprinkle but luckily didn't start raining til right when we left. (We sat outside on blankets in front of the car for the movies). We didn't get home til like 2am so we're all pretty beat today. I'm fighting to stay awake right now at work...it's a good thing it's slow right now cuz I think I would mess up if someone came in and started asking me tons of questions. I'm not very with it right now.

So the drive-in was really fun and such a great deal! A double feature for $7 each....can't beat that! Plus you can bring all the snacks and treats you want without being charged an arm and a leg for drinks and popcorn...I love movie theater popcorn btw...which is why we usually go to the $1 theater so much more than the real one, so we can afford the popcorn!

Anywho...one funny story from the night...the people next to us came in a big truck and before the movie started they made some hot dogs. He had brought an electric drill, put a stick or something in it, put the hot dog on that, turned on the drill to turn the hot dog and then used a blow torch to cook it. I tried to get a pic but it turned out kinda blurry...but it was so funny and so smart at the same time! Way to use your head I guess!

Here's a couple pics from the night. We didn't take too many cuz we were enjoying the movie but I made sure to get one or two for blogging/scrapbooking purposes. :)




1 comment:

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

What's your quote from? Dug UP?

Huh?