Monday, October 18, 2010

"You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance." --Franklin P Jones--

Evelyn has sure been trying my patience lately. I don't know what the deal is but she has just been extra stubborn and extra cranky and clingy lately! I've been thinking it's teething but nothing is happening tooth-wise but maybe it's just taking it's sweet time. Anyway...she's not so bad that I can't handle her but it's definitely trying what little patience I have :)

On Saturday morning, Mark and I took Evelyn down to the beach to take a few one-year old pics. I'm trying to learn to take better pictures on my own so taking pics of Evelyn is a great learning experience and then I don't have to pay someone to take them! Win win!

We took quite a few pics, so we could have more options to pick from and so that we would be sure that we got a few great ones! She was also being a bit difficult because she was excited to be at the beach and couldn't sit still or stop looking or going in different directions. So it was a little hard to get very many where she was actually looking at me or smiling. But it was a beautiful day and the scenery was gorgeous and Evelyn was ADORABLE so we got some great ones!

So here's some of my favorites, which haven't been touched up or tweaked at all (some of them do need it), but I'm waiting til I can finally get Adobe Photoshop before I touch them. That program is so amazing! But hopefully I can get it soon, I don't know though, we'll have to see. Money is always a problem isn't it!?

How pretty is the beach here? The grass was a perfect backdrop for these pics, some really pretty colors came out in them that I didn't expect and I just love it!

Lately Evelyn's been very proud of herself at everything she does and loves to clap and applaud herself, it's so funny!

She also points at EVERYTHING and is even starting to sound like she's saying, "what's that", when she points. Such a curious little thing, like I've said before!

Auntie Annie gave me the idea of writing Evelyn's name in the sand but Evelyn wasn't cooperating and this was the best close pic I could get of her by it. But it's still cute!

Finally, one where she's looking at me!

Pretty coloring! Evelyn just wanted to walk around though but that was fine cuz she's such a cute walker!

Daddy and his girl!

Pretty each!

This is one of my absolute favs! The scenery is great and they are just adorable together! She's loves to hold his hand while she's walking even though she's gotten very good at walking on her own. So sweet!

I only had Mark take a couple of us so I don't have a fabulous one but this one turned out cute!

So there's my adorable one year old! I might go back and take some more of Evelyn at the beach in a frilly tutu so stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

Evelyn is prettier in every new picture and the scenery is great too!

carmen said...

omg...Evelyn is has gotten SO big oh she is so freakin cute!(: