Sunday, December 5, 2010

"I figured if I was going to make the world a better place, I'd do it with cookies." --Ana Pascal, "Stranger than Fiction"--

So pretty much everyone who knows me, knows that I have some awesome cookie recipes, one that I'm known for in particular is my peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, which are truly AMAZING! I have friends who love them so much that I mailed them from Utah to Missouri for their birthday :)

Anywho, I love the taste, thickness, texture, and overall yumminess of them which you don't always get in regular chocolate chip cookies, which often turn out thin and not as soft, well the ones I've tried before anyway. So I've been on the look out for an awesome regular choc. chip cookie and I think I've found it! I made them last month and they turned out pretty good but then I made them this week and they were PERFECT! Perfect thickness, perfect texture, soft, yet chewy....yum!!! Seriously perfection. I probably won't get them to come out as perfect again but it's still a great recipe! (I found it on allrecipes.com btw).

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, soft
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I like to use dark chocolate but that's my preference :)

**Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
**Cream together butter and sugars til smooth.
**Beat in eggs and vanilla.
**Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with the salt.
**Stir in flour and chocolate chips.
**Drop on ungreased pan and bake 10-12 minutes.


And here's a pic for the day! Evelyn is such a ham!!!

No comments: