Friday, December 3, 2010

O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree! Thy leaves are so unchanging

This year we finally got our own Christmas tree! I've been very excited cuz it's the first year I've decorated pretty much at all since we've been married. The first year we had little room, the second year we moved and this year we finally are in one place and have room! I re-decorated my wreath to make it more Christmasy, bought stockings and put them up (I want to try to put our names on them somehow but haven't figured out what to do yet), put our awesome nativity up (thanks Whit!!!), and then got a Christmas tree!

I've had our ornaments for weeks now and am so excited to have it all up and decorated! I got some glittery snowflakes and balls, lights, and then we went outside and got a bunch of pine cones, sprayed them with fake now and put a silver glitter on the tips, which turned out really cute! Then we have an ornament for each Christmas we've been married, the first year Michael and Jessica got us a cute little gingerbread house, the second year we have three little people in a sled, and this year we got a tree since its our first year to have one.

The past couple nights Mark had night shifts so I've spent my alone time (after Evelyn went to bed) scrapbooking, reading, and watching movies with the nice glow of my Christmas tree! I love sitting in the living room with just the tree lit. So homey and relaxing!




2 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

I like your new family picture. Evelyn is growing up so fast but is still a "doll baby".

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Cute decorations and tree! I can't believe how big Ebbers is getting.